My primary research interest is in measurement of students digital competence/ICT literacy. Secondly I am interested in teachers digital competence and use of ICT in school. As digital competence being closely related to 21st century skills, I am also interested in aspects concerning students digital communication and collaboration.
I am currently working on a systematic review of test instruments that aim to measure students digital competence (ICT literacy, 21st century skills..).
In addition I am translating and adapting a test developed by the project Assessment and Teaching of 21st century skills (atc21s) for measuring Norwegian students ICT literacy with emphasis on communication and collaboration between students. The pilot study will be conducted early spring 2015.
Higher education and employment history
- Project manager for REALISE (recruitment of girls to STEM-subjects with low amounts of girls), The Norwegian Centre for Science Education.
- Lecturer in ICT and science subjects at BJørnholt skole (upper secondary).
- University of Oslo, Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO)
- Ghent University, Department of Educational studies
- Scherer, Ronny; Tondeur, Jo; Siddiq, Fazilat & Baran, Evrim (2018). The importance of attitudes toward technology for pre-service teachers' technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge: Comparing structural equation modelling approaches. Computers in Human Behavior. ISSN 0747-5632. . doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2017.11.003
- Scherer, Ronny; Tondeur, Jo & Siddiq, Fazilat (2017). On the quest for validity: Testing the factor structure and measurement invariance of the technology-dimensions in the Technological, Pedagogical, and Content Knowledge (TPACK) model. Computers and education. ISSN 0360-1315. 112, s 1- 17 . doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2017.04.012 Full text in Research Archive.
- Siddiq, Fazilat; Gochyyev, Perman & Wilson, Mark (2017). Learning in Digital Networks ? ICT literacy: A novel assessment of students' 21st century skills. Computers and education. ISSN 0360-1315. 109, s 11- 37 . doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2017.01.014
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2017). Revealing the processes of students' interaction with a novel collaborative problem solving task: An in-depth analysis of think-aloud protocols. Computers in Human Behavior. ISSN 0747-5632. 76, s 509- 525 . doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2017.08.007
- Tondeur, Jo; Scherer, Ronny; Siddiq, Fazilat & Baran, Evrim (2017). A comprehensive investigation of TPACK within pre-service teachers' ICT profiles: Mind the gap!. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology. ISSN 1449-5554. 33(3), s 46- 60 . doi: 10.14742/ajet.3504 Full text in Research Archive.
- Siddiq, Fazilat; Hatlevik, Ove Edvard; Olsen, Rolf Vegar; Throndsen, Inger & Scherer, Ronny (2016). Taking a future perspective by learning from the past - A systematic review of assessment instruments that aim to measure primary and secondary school students' ICT literacy. Educational Research Review. ISSN 1747-938X. 19, s 58- 84 . doi: 10.1016/j.edurev.2016.05.002
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2016). The relation between teachers’ emphasis on the development of students’ digital information and communication skills and computer self-efficacy: the moderating roles of age and gender. Large-scale assessments in education. ISSN 2196-0739. 4 . doi: 10.1186/s40536-016-0032-4 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Siddiq, Fazilat; Scherer, Ronny & Tondeur, Jo (2016). Teachers' emphasis on developing students' digital information and communication skills (TEDDICS): A new construct in 21st century education. Computers and education. ISSN 0360-1315. 92-93, s 1- 14 . doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2015.10.006
- Tondeur, Jo; van Braak, Johan; Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2016). Time for a new approach to prepare future teachers for educational technology use: Its meaning and measurement.. Computers and education. ISSN 0360-1315. 94, s 134- 150 . doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2015.11.009
- Scherer, Ronny & Siddiq, Fazilat (2015). Revisiting teachers' computer self-efficacy: A differentiated view on gender differences. Computers in Human Behavior. ISSN 0747-5632. 53, s 48- 57 . doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2015.06.038
- Scherer, Ronny & Siddiq, Fazilat (2015). The Big-Fish-Little-Pond-Effect revisited: Do different types of assessments matter?. Computers and education. ISSN 0360-1315. 80, s 198- 210 . doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2014.09.003
- Scherer, Ronny; Siddiq, Fazilat & Teo, Timothy (2015). Becoming more specific: Measuring and modeling teachers' perceived usefulness of ICT in the context of teaching and learning. Computers and education. ISSN 0360-1315. 88, s 202- 214 . doi: 10.1016/j.compedu.2015.05.005
- Siddiq, Fazilat; Bugge, Markus; Ulriksen, Robin & Tømte, Cathrine Edelhard (2017). Matematikk på nye måter : Erfaringer fra pilotering av Dragonbox ved 10 skoler i Skedsmo kommune. NIFU-rapport. 17. Show summary
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Gjerustad, Cay (2017). Deltakerundersøkelsen for barnehageansatte 2017 : Resultater fra en spørreundersøkelse blant ansatte i barnehagen som har tatt videreutdanning innenfor strategien «Kompetanse for fremtidens barnehage». NIFU-rapport. 23. Show summary
- Sjaastad, Jørgen; Siddiq, Fazilat; Ulriksen, Robin & Tømte, Cathrine Edelhard (2017). Den virtuelle matematikkskolen skoleåret 2016-2017 : Evaluering av tilbudene DVM-U, DVM-Pluss og DVM-1T. NIFU-rapport. 15. Show summary
- Siddiq, Fazilat (2016). Assessment of ICT Literacy. A comprehensive inquiry of the educational readiness for the digital era. Series of dissertations submitted to the Faculty of Education, University of Oslo = Doktoravhandlinger forsvart ved Det utdanningsvitenskapelige fakultet, Universitetet i Oslo. 261. Show summary
- Siddiq, Fazilat (2016). Assessment of Students’ 21st Century Skills - Focusing on Student-Student Collaboration.
- Siddiq, Fazilat (2016). Assessment of students’ ICT literacy – Taking a future perspective by learning from the past. Show summary
- Siddiq, Fazilat (2016). Learning in Digital Networks – A novel assessment of students’ ICT literacy.
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2016). Do Age and Gender Matter for the Relation Between Teachers’ Computer Self-efficacy and their Emphasis on Developing Students’ Digital Skills?.
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2016). Investigating student-student interactions in an assessment of collaborative problem solving: An in-depth analysis of think-aloud protocols.
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Tondeur, Jo (2016). Enhancing Preservice Teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: How Teacher Education Matters. Show summary
- Siddiq, Fazilat (2015). Systematic review of ICT literacy assessment instruments.
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2015). Teachers Emphasis on Developing Students Digital Information and Communication Skills (TEDDICS) - Looking at 21st Century Education.
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2015). Teachers’ Perceived usefulness of ICT in teaching and learning: An important determinant of ICT integration in classroom practices.
- Siddiq, Fazilat & Scherer, Ronny (2014). The Big-Fish-Little-Pond Effect in Computer-Based Math Assessments – Do Computers Really Matter?.
- Guttersrud, Øystein; Isnes, Anders & Ullah, Fazilat Siddiq (2011). Kunnskap og læringsambisjoner i naturfag for ungdom i seks land.
- Jensen, Fredrik; Sjøberg, Svein; Ullah, Fazilat Siddiq & Schreiner, Camilla (2008). Different student types in countries with different welfare levels: Implications for science teaching.