Ingrid Rodrick Beiler
English language and teaching, multilingualism, writing, intercultural competence, newly arrived students, sociolinguistics in educational contexts, linguistic ethnography, classroom research
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Hafsa Warsame (2017-2018)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Manuela Ianuzzi (2016)
M.A. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, American University, Washington, DC, USA (2010)
B.A. French and Francophone Studies, Certificate in International Relations, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA (2004)
Assistant professor of English, Oslo and Akershus University College, 2014-2016
English teacher and program director in Palestine, with program development and teacher education assignments in Iraq, 2010-2014
English teacher in adult and higher education in the United States, 2007-2010
As well as NGO sector experience in Palestine (2010-2014) and the United States (2004-2008)
Conference planning committee for Multilingualism and Education: Interdisciplinary and International Perspectives, a collaboration between SISCO and MultiLing.
Beiler, I. R. (2010). The modals of possibility and permission in Standard English varieties of England, Scotland, and the United States: A study in dialectal variation. (Master's thesis). UMI. (1484434)
Beiler, I. R., & Hatch, C. (2010). Dialect variation in number agreement with collective nouns in English. American University TESOL Working Papers, 5.
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick (2017). Multilingual Resources in English Writing Instruction.
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick (2017). Multilingualism as a resource in English writing instruction.
- Ianuzzi, Manuela; Brevik, Lisbeth M.; Rindal, Ulrikke Elisabeth & Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick (2017). MA thesis: What to do with pronunciation? Teachers' approaches to English pronunciation in lower secondary school.
- Beiler, Ingrid M. Rodrick (2016). Intercultural and Digital Competence Development through an Online Global Classroom.
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick (2015). Cultural Competence Development through an International Online Classroom.
- Beiler, Ingrid M. Rodrick (2010). Functional uses of the modals of possibility and permission in Standard English varieties of England, Scotland, and the United States.
- Beiler, Ingrid M. Rodrick & Calvert, Megan (2010). How to improve your classroom activities through formal evaluation.
- Beiler, Ingrid M. Rodrick (2009). The role of L2 input and interaction in adult second language learning.