- Multiple documents literacy
- Text relevance and learning from text
- Reading motivation
Current projects and activities
- NATED: The National Graduate School in Educational Research, Track 1: Language development, text comprehension and literacy
Higher education and employment history
2012 - : Research fellow/Ph.D.-student, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, University of Oslo
2010 - 2012: School psychologist, Bærum
2009 - 2011: Master in Educational-psychology, Institute of Educational Research, University of Oslo
2007 - 2008: Bachelor in Educational Science, Institute of Educational Research, University of Oslo
2004 - 2007: Bachelor in Media Science, Institute for Media and Communication, University of Oslo
Strømsø, H.I., Bråten, I., Stenseth, T. (2016). The role of students’ prior topic beliefs in recall and evaluation of information from texts on socio-scientific issues. Nordic Psychology.
Stenseth, T., Bråten, I., & Strømsø, H.I. (2016). Investigating interest and knowledge as predictors of students’ attitudes towards socio-scientific issues. Learning and Individual Differences, 47, 274-280.
McCrudden, M.T., Stenseth, T., Bråten, I., & Strømsø, H.I.(2016). The effects of topic familiarity, author expertise, and content relevance on Norwegian students' document Selection: A mixed methods study. Journal of Educational Psychology, 108(2), 147-162.
- Strømsø, Helge Ivar; Bråten, Ivar & Stenseth, Tonje (2017). The role of students' prior beliefs in recall and evaluation of information from texts on socio-scientific issues. Nordic Psychology. ISSN 1901-2276. 69(3), s 127- 142 . doi: 10.1080/19012276.2016.1198270
- McCrudden, Matthew; Stenseth, Tonje; Bråten, Ivar & Strømsø, Helge Ivar (2016). The Effects of Topic Familiarity, Author Expertise, and Content Relevance on Norwegian Students' Document Selection: A Mixed Methods Study.. Journal of Educational Psychology. ISSN 0022-0663. 108(2), s 147- 162 . doi: 10.1037/edu0000057
- Stenseth, Tonje; Bråten, Ivar & Strømsø, Helge Ivar (2016). Investigating interest and knowledge as predictors of students' attitudes towards socio-scientific issues. Learning and individual differences. ISSN 1041-6080. 47, s 274- 280 . doi: 10.1016/j.lindif.2016.02.005
- Stenseth, Tonje (2016). Who and what to trust when selecting between different sources of information?.
- Stenseth, Tonje; Strømsø, Helge Ivar & Bråten, Ivar (2014). "I remember what the text says but don't really think it's true (when it disagrees with me).".