I am interested in researching and designing informal learning spaces, interactions, and technologies. I am particularly interested in understanding the relationships between spatial-technological features, social interaction, and learning in museum settings.
2010-: PhD student, InterMedia, University of Oslo
2009: Research assistant, InterMedia, University of Oslo
2008-2009: Fulbright scholar, InterMedia, University of Oslo
2007: Master of Arts in Education: Learning, Design & Technology. Stanford University
2006: Bachelor of Science in Engineering: Product Design. Stanford University
- Fulbright Grant Award Winner 2008-09
- Lois Roth Award 2008
- Steier, Rolf & Pierroux, Palmyre (2011). "What is 'the concept'?" Sites of conceptual formation in a touring architecture workshop. Digital kompetanse - Nordic journal of digital literacy. ISSN 0809-6724. (3), s 139- 156
- Steier, Rolf (2012). Exploring digital methods for understanding visitor interactions in an art museum.
- Steier, Rolf (2012). Interactive Tabletops and Meaning Making in Art and Architecture.
- Steier, Rolf (2012). Learning Landscapes: Physical Space and Digital Technology in Museum Collaboration and Learning.
- Steier, Rolf (2011). Snøkult: Teaching Concepts in Architecture in a Touring Museum Workshop.
- Steier, Rolf (2010). Designing Learning Trajectories with Interactive Tabletops.
- Steier, Rolf (2009). Considering Physical Space in Museum-Based Mobile Learning.
- Steier, Rolf (2009). Projecting Knowledge: Mobile Projectors, Space, and Collaborative Learning in Museums.