I'm a researcher at the Department of Education.
I'm interested in using my background from computer science, and bridge it with pedagogical and humanist approaches to design and participation.
I've been involved in several projects that involve communication and interaction design for learning and participation in schools, museums, and cultural heritage organizations in regard to how new patterns and expectations from emergent technologies, such as social media, hybrid spaces, mobility, and mixed-reality applications create new opportunities as well as challenges for current practices.
- Dr. Scient (Informatics) University of Oslo 1999. Work Oriented Objects: Thesis on object oriented modeling related to human activity systems. Theory, concepts, methods and case studies.
- Cand. Scient (Informatics) University of Oslo 1992.
- AFF/NHH Solstrand programme for young managers 2009.
Higher education and employment history
- Researcher, Department of Education, University of Oslo, 2017-
- Academic director and researcher, EngageLab, 2013-2016
- Associate Professor, InterMedia, University of Oslo, 2003-2012
- Head of InterMediaLab, InterMedia, University of Oslo, 2003-2012, leading and shaping development and experiment activities within research projects at InterMedia. Strategic design of ICT and video infrastructures and support, budget and personnel management.
- Scientific Programmer, InterMedia, University of Oslo, 2001-2003.
- Software Designer and Developer, Birdstep Technology ASA, 2000-2003, lead designer for the product Nomadic Portal, which provide local, personalized services in wireless networks (IP-zones).
- Scientific Programmer, Department of Informatics, 1997-2001, responsible for development and support of the Multimedia Communications Lab, MMCL.
- Research Fellow, Department for Informatics, University of Oslo, 1993-1997.
Anja Amundrud (Department of Education) (academic co-supervisor)
Sumit Pandey (Department of Informatics) Transparency and intentionality: Implications on designing technologies and design practices (academic co-supervisor)
I teach at the Communication, Design and Learning field of study.
Member of the steering committee and demo/interactive event chair for International conference for Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) 2003, member of the steering committee and poster and demonstration chair for European Conference on Object Oriented Programming (ECOOP) 2004, member of the program committee and responsible for the exhibition at Nordic Digital Excellence in Museums (NODEM) 2006, member of the organizing committee for Fourth Nordic Conference on Cultural and Activity Research (ISCAR) 2007, member of the program committee of the International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU) 2013 and 2015, member of the program committee of NODEM 2014, member of the organizing committee for Nordic Design Research Conference (NORDES) 2009, member of the program committee for NORDES 2011 and 2017.