- 2010: Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with focus on History and Scandinavian Studies Department of Political science, University of Vienna
- 2013: Master of Philosophy in Higher Education, Department of Education, University of Oslo
- 2012/2013: Research assistant, FLAGSHIP project, ARENA – Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo
- 2014/2015: Scientific associate, Knowledge Center for Education, The Research Council of Norway
- 2014/2015: Research assistant, Department of Education, University of Oslo
- Higher education and the political order
- Governance and organizational change in higher education
- Research and science politics
- Higher education governance – exploring effective coordination on national level
- Introductory Semester Course in Higher Education (HEM 4100)
- Organisation, Governance and Management of Higher Education (HEM 4220)
- Research Methods and Statistics – Course II (HEM 4113)
Friedrich, Philipp E. (2013) University Autonomy and Professorial Recruitment – A Case Study at the Department of Economic and Social History at the University of Vienna (MA Thesis)
Esterhazy, R. & P.E. Friedrich (2012) University of Vienna – Institutional Report. FLAGSHIP project, ARENA Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo.
- Friedrich, Philipp (2016). University autonomy and reforms in Western Europe, or, Where´s the fun in Fun-damental changes?, In Nico Cloete; Leo Goedegebuure; Åse Gornitzka; Jens Patrick Wilhelm Jungblut & Bjørn Stensaker (ed.), Pathways through higher education research: A festschrift in honour of Peter Maassen. Department of Education, University of Oslo. ISBN 978-82-569-7044-5. Higher Education Governance and Reform. s 41 - 45
- Friedrich, Philipp; Prøitz, Tine Sophie & Stensaker, Bjørn (2016). Disciplining the Disciplines? How qualification schemes are written up at study program level in Norwegian higher education. Teaching in Higher Education. ISSN 1356-2517. 21(7), s 870- 886 . doi: 10.1080/13562517.2016.1184138 Show summary
- Friedrich, Philipp (2017). Exploring governance quality of national higher education systems.
- Friedrich, Philipp (2017). How Do National Reforms in Higher Education Play Out at the University? A Case Study on the Recruitment of Professors at the University of Vienna.
- Friedrich, Philipp (2017). The New Flagship University: changing the paradigm from global ranking to national relevancy. European Journal of Higher Education. ISSN 2156-8235. . doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/21568235.2017.1304174
- Friedrich, Philipp (2016). Higher Education Governance - Exploring Effective Coordination.
- Friedrich, Philipp & Fumasoli, Tatiana (2013). University Autonomy and Professorial Recruitment: A Case Study at the Department of Economic and Social History.