In my PhD thesis I investigate different forms of mutual product development between amateurs (amateur developers) and professionals in different settings. I am scrutinizing how social media and other technological tools can mediate such processes of mutual development, as a form of collaboration between end users and professional developers. In these relations it is interesting to investigate how end users and professional deveopers are co-constructing artifacts together. Topics such as user-driven innovation and crowdsourcing as a new form of work and how this may create new forms of learning at work (inter-organizational learning) are also investigated. The topic of MOOCs as a new form of education and participatory pedagogy emphasizing collaboration between end users and organizers is also an important area for research for me. Other areas of interest are ICT and learning, social media in work-life contexts and computer supported collaborated learning.
Higher education and employment history
- January 2011 -: Started on my PhD at InterMedia, Faculty of Education. University of Oslo.
- August 2006 - May 2008 Master in Technology, Organisation and Learning at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo.
- August 2003 - May 2006 Bachelor in Technology, Organisation and Learning at the Departments of Informatics, University of Oslo.
- August 2008 - Decemeber 2010 Sharepoint konsulent Atea, Oslo.
- Desember 2006 – August 2008 Research assistant/Avdelingsingeniør at the Departments of Education, University of Oslo .
Best paper award (with Anders Mørch) for the paper: "Mutual Development: A Case Study in Customer-Initiated Software Product Development" ved EUD-2009
Community work - reviewing
- NordiCHI 2012
- CDCH 2012
- Interview in Haugesunds Avis regarding the use of Instagram
- Interview in Aftenposten 3.11.2012: Etikette for en ny tid
- Interview in Aftenposten 17.11.2012: . Lik oss! For noen er jakten på en liten tommel blodig alvor.
- Andersen, Renate & Mørch, Anders Irving (2016). Mass collaboration in software product development between developers and users: Champion as emergent role. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. ISSN 1613-0073. 1776, s 14- 20
- Andersen, Renate & Mørch, Anders Irving (2016). Mutual development in mass collaboration: Identifying interaction patterns in customer-initiated software product development. Computers in Human Behavior. ISSN 0747-5632. 65, s 77- 91 . doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2016.08.005
- Andersen, Renate & Ponti, Marisa (2014). Participatory pedagogy in an open educational course: challenges and opportunities. Distance Education. ISSN 0158-7919. 35(2), s 234- 249 . doi: 10.1080/01587919.2014.917703
- Andersen, Renate & Mørch, Anders Irving (2013). Get Satisfaction: Customer Engagement in Collaborative Software Development, In Yvonne Dittrich; Margaret Burnett; Anders Mørch & David Redmiles (ed.), End-User Development. Springer. ISBN 978-3-642-38705-0. kap.. s 235 - 240 Show summary
- Andersen, Renate & Mørch, Anders Irving (2013). Problem-based learning and mutual development in software product development, In Ellen Christiansen; Leena Kuure; Anders Irving Mørch & Berner Lindstrøm (ed.), Problem-Based Learning for the 21st Century: New Practices and Learning Environments. Aalborg Universitetsforlag. ISBN 978-87-7112-117-9. kap. 12. Show summary
- Andersen, Renate (2012). Social media in product development processes: The role of emotional qualifiers in text based interactions, I: Asbjørn Følstad; Anna Ståhlbröst; Ebbesson Esbjörn & Jesper Svensson (red.), Innovation through Social Media : ISM 2012 workshop proceedings, Oslo, Norway, December 3, 2012. Akademika forlag. ISBN 978-82-321-0088-0. Engaged communities and individuals. s 104 - 118
- Mørch, Anders Irving & Andersen, Renate (2010). Mutual Development: The Software Engineering Context of End-User Development. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing. ISSN 1546-2234. 22(2), s 36- 57 . doi: 10.4018/joeuc.2010101902 Show summary
- Andersen, Renate & Mørch, Anders Irving (2009). Mutual Development: A Case Study in Customer-Initiated Software Product Development, In Volkmar Pipek; Mary Beth Rosson; Boris de Ruyter & Volker Wulf (ed.), Proceedings 2nd Int'l Symposium on End User Development (IS-EUD 2009). Springer. ISBN 978-3-642-00425-4. kap. 3. s 31 - 49 Show summary
- Andersen, Renate (2012). Andersen, Renate (2012). "Crowdsourcing and participatory media: New ways of working together through online collaborations and the use of social media" Paper presentation for the Conference of EARLI SIG17 Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches to Learning and Instruction.
- Andersen, Renate (2012). Artifact co-production in cultures of participation: The case of Get Satisfaction. Paper presentation at the workshop "Collaborative learning as design activity" at NordiCHI 2012 in Copenhagen.
- Andersen, Renate (2012, 03. november). Etikette for en ny tid. Aftenposten.
- Andersen, Renate (2012, 17. november). Lik oss!For noen er jakten på en liten tommel blodig alvor. Aftenposten.
- Andersen, Renate & Mørch, Anders Irving (2011). Researching Mediation in Mutual Development of Software Products.
- Moen, Anne; Mørch, Anders Irving; Nygård, Kathrine Amundsen; Nes, Sturle; Andersen, Renate; Mushtaq, Shazia; Nedic, Damir; Olsen, Espen; Hauge, Trond Eiliv; Vedøy, Gunn; Norenes, Svein Olav; Olsen, Dorothy Sutherland; Ludvigsen, Sten Runar; Toiviainen, Hanna; Lallimo, Jiri; Toikka, Seppo; Paavola, Sami; Pohjola, Pasi & Hakkarainen, Kai (2009). Report on outcomes of empirical studies (D10.4).
- Andersen, Renate; Mørch, Anders Irving & Moen, Anne (2008). Customer-initiated Product Development: A case study of Adaptation and Co-Configuration.
- Mørch, Anders Irving; Nygård, Kathrine Amundsen & Andersen, Renate (2008). Knowledge Creation Inside and Outside the Enterprise: A Case Study of Customer-Initiated Software Development. Show summary