Ellen Iren Brinchmann
Areas of responsibility
Post doc at Oslo Assessment and Learning Lab (O-ALL)
- Language development and linguistic learning mechanisms
- The acquisition of lexical knowledge
- The linguistic and cognitive foundations of reading comprehension
- Reading disorders
Higher education and employment history
- 2016 – : Postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo
- 2016 – 2016: Researcher at the Department of Ear, Nose and Throat/Head and Neck Surgery, Oslo University Hospital
- 2016: Ph.D. in Special Needs Education at the University of Oslo. Ph.D. thesis: «The role of word knowledge in the development of reading comprehension»
- 2015-2015: Fulbright visiting student researcher at the Department of Psychology, Florida State University
- 2011-2015: Ph.D. student at the Department of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo
- 2010-2011: Special needs teacher, Oslo
- 2008-2010: Master in Special Needs Education the Department of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo
- Hjetland, Hanne Næss; Brinchmann, Ellen Iren; Scherer, Ronny & Melby-Lervåg, Monica (2017). Preschool predictors of later reading comprehension ability: a systematic review. The Campbell collaboration library of systematic reviews. ISSN 1891-1803. 14 . doi: 10.4073/csr.2017.14
- Brinchmann, Ellen Iren; Hjetland, Hanne Næss & Lyster, Solveig-Alma Halaas (2016). Lexical quality matters: Effects of word knowledge instruction on the language and literacy skills of third- and fourth-grade poor readers. Reading Research Quarterly. ISSN 0034-0553. 51(2), s 165- 180 . doi: 10.1002/rrq.128 Full text in Research Archive.
- Brinchmann, Ellen Iren; Hjetland, Hanne Næss & Lyster, Solveig-Alma Halaas (2015). Lexical Quality Matters: Effects of Word Knowledge Instruction on the Language and Literacy Skills of Third- and Fourth-Grade Poor Readers.
- Hjetland, Hanne Næss; Brinchmann, Ellen Iren; Lyster, Solveig-Alma Halaas; Hagtvet, Bente Eriksen & Melby-Lervåg, Monica (2014). Preschool Predictors of Later Reading Comprehension Ability: A Systematic Review.