- autonomy and self-determination
- curriculum and individual education planning
- adaptive and functional life skills
- challenging behaviour, coercion and ethical dilemmas in care
Philosophy of education and ethics
- aims in education
PhD-project (working title):
Aims with meaning-learning for life? A conceptual analysis of aims in education for students with intellectual disabilities from the perspectives of research discourse, school policy documents and teachers justifcations.
The aim of the thesis is to enhance curriculum thinking regarding students with intellectual disability. The relationship between cognitive-academic- and functional life skills in curriculum is central to inquire in light of the ideology of inclusion. Connections to a capabilities approach are sought as the theoretical framework.
Supervisors: associate professor Kari-Anne Bottegaard Næss, professor Sven Nilsen, both Department of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo, and professor Solveig M. Reindal, NLA University College of Bergen.
Give lectures on:
- national and international terminology in the field of intellectual disability,
- functional life skills,
- perspectives and guidelines in teaching, transitions and professional supports
SNE4200 Education for learners with special needs
- Intellectual disability- conceptualizations, learning characteristics and implications for practice
SPED1002 Special education- disability, normality and deviance
- Ethics in special education
- Supervisor in student seminar groups on individual practice in counseling.
- 2014- 2019 PhD- candidate at the Departement of Special Needs Education
- 2008 - 2010 MA in Special Needs Education, specialization in intellectual disability, Department of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo
- 2005- 2007 Courses in Education and Special Needs Education, Ethics and Religion, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- 2002 - 2005 BA in Education, Department of Education, University of Oslo
Elected member in the Board of Department of Special Needs Education.
Member of the research group "Inclusion and diversity- seen from a special education perspective".
Member of workgroup for Oslo Assessment, Intervention and Learning Lab (O-AILL)
- Moljord, Gøril (2017). Likeverdig og inkluderende opplæring for elever med utviklingshemming i Fremtidens skole?. Utdanningsnytt.no.
- Moljord, Gøril (2016). "A school for the future-but not for all? Discussing competence objectives meeting students with intellectual disabilities in a school for all"..
- Moljord, Gøril (2016). Lære for livet? IOP i teori og praksis for elever med utviklingshemming. .
- Moljord, Gøril (2016). Spesialpedagoger i arbeidslivet - min overgang fra studier til arbeidsliv..