The research group FREMO is looking for two research assistants
Application deadline: 28th February. Check out the announcement here:
Within a meta-research project on mixed-worded questionnaire scales in the context of the international large-scale assessments, we are looking for two research assistants (RAs) within the research group Frontier Research in Educational Measurement (FREMO) at the Centre for Educational Measurement, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo. The main researchers are professor Johan Braeken (CEMO) and dr. Isa Steinmann (CEMO: Gustafsson-Skrondal scholar & TU Dortmund).
- RA1 will be conducting literature and instrument research with respect to negation characteristics in different languages connected to the different translated versions of mixed-worded scales used in TIMSS/PIRLS.
- broad language knowledge and a systematic organized character are a pro.
- RA2 will be automating pre-specified statistical analyses in R such that they can run across countries/languages in TIMSS/PIRLS
- Basic computer literacy and knowledge of coding in R (equivalent to what is seen in MAE4000) are a pro.
To apply send a motivation letter by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "FREMO mixed-worded RA #" with the # corresponding to which of the two positions you apply for (i.e., 1 or 2). Application deadline is February 28, 2020.
- default financial compensation for RAs at CEMO
- shared office with PC at CEMO premises
- indicative working time of 4 hours a week until end of the semester.
Background literature on mixed-worded scales
Lindwall, M., Barkoukis, V., Grano, C., Lucidi, F., Raudsepp, L., Liukkonen, J., & Thøgersen-Ntoumani, C. (2012). Method effects: The problem with negatively versus positively keyed items. Journal of Personality Assessment, 94(2), 196–204. https://doi.org/10.1080/00223891.2011.645936
Roszkowski, M. J., & Soven, M. (2010). Shifting gears: consequences of including two negatively worded items in the middle of a positively worded questionnaire. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 35(1), 113–130. https://doi.org/10.1080/02602930802618344