Denise Reis Costa
I am passionate about statistics and technology. I have been working in the educational measurement field for over ten years and have been lucky enough to contribute to areas such as Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) and log file analyses from computer-based assessments. In my work, I apply cutting-edge statistical and psychometric techniques such as latent variable models, machine learning techniques, and Item Response Theory (IRT) models.
- Ph.D., Statistics, 2013, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- M.S., Statistics, 2009, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- B.A., Statistics, 2006, University of Brasilia, Brazil
- 2018 - Present Postdoctoral Researcher, CEMO, University of Oslo, Norway
- 2017 - 2017 Senior Research Assistant, Department of Applied Educational Science, Umeå University, Sweden
- 2016 - 2016 OECD Thomas J. Alexander Fellow, Directorate for Educational and Skills, OECD, France
- 2013 - 2017 Researcher, Instituto Nacional de Estudos e Pesquisas Educacionais Anisio Teixeira, Ministry of Education, Brazil
- 2005 - 2012 Consultant, Centro de Selecao e Promocao de Eventos, University of Brasilia, Brazil
- MAE4051 – Machine Learning in Education – Role: Course coordinator/Lecturer
- MAE4101 – Measurement models – Role: Lecturer
- MAE4110 – Measurement Models – Role: Course coordinator/Lecturer
- Workshop on Introduction to the Item Response Theory in R – Role: Course coordinator/Lecturer
- Bachelor courses on the introduction to statistics and probability – Role: Teaching assistant.
Reis Costa, Denise; Bolsinova, Maria; Tijmstra, Jesper & Andersson, Björn (2021). Improving the Precision of Ability Estimates Using Time-On-Task Variables: Insights From the PISA 2012 Computer-Based Assessment of Mathematics. Frontiers in Psychology. ISSN 1664-1078. 12. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2021.579128. Show summary
Reis Costa, Denise (2021). LOGANShiny: An app for illustrating process data analysis from international large-scale assessments. .
Reis Costa, Denise (2019). R Package LOGAN: Log File Analysis in International Large-Scale Assessments.
Reis Costa, Denise (2019). Application of Kaplan-Meier Curves for Analysis of Process Data.
Reis Costa, Denise (2018). LOGANShiny: an app for illustrating the analysis of log-file data in International Large-scale Assessments.
Reis Costa, Denise (2018). Exploring Log Files in International Large-scale Assessments: Methods, Practices and Tools.
Reis Costa, Denise & Eklöf, Hanna (2018). Test-taking Motivation in International Surveys: an IRT Approach.