I am currently a Professor of Qualitative and Quantitative Methodology at Indiana University with an adjunct appointment at the Centre for Educational Measurement at University of Oslo.
Leslie’s research is in the area of international large-scale assessment. Her interests include assessment design, latent variable modelling, and examining methods for comparing heterogeneous populations in international surveys. In addition to successfully completing a Norwegian Research Council grant on developing international measurement methods, Leslie published the edited volume Handbook of International Large-Scale Assessment (Rutkowski, von Davier, and Rutkowski, 2014) with Chapman & Hall. She is also currently writing a text book on large-scale assessment under the Guilford stamp. Leslie serves as associate editor for the Springer journal Large-scale Assessments in Education and as co-executive editor for the Springer book series, IEA Research for Education. Finally, Leslie serves as chair of the PISA Technical Advisory Group and as chair of the NAEP Questionnaire Standing Committee.
- Covariance structure analysis
- Multilevel modeling
- Categorical data analysis
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Multivariate statistics
- Survey Methodology (at UiO)
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, 2007, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., Statistics, 2005, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A., Economics, 2003, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- 2021 - Professor of Qualitative and Quantitative Methodology, Indiana University
- 2018 - 2021 Associate Professor of Qualitative and Quantitative Methodology, Indiana University
- 2015 - 2018 Professor of Educational Measurement, University of Oslo, Norway
- 2010 - 2015 Assistant Professor of Inquiry Methodology, Counseling and Educational Psychology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
- 2007 - 2009 Research Associate, Research and Analysis Unit, IEA-DPC, Hamburg, Germany