Announcement of funds for development of applications aimed towards excellence proposals
During recent years, the faculty has been granted bids for several excellency applications (ERC, the Nordic Centre of Excellence, MSCA ITN), and has also reached the final stages of several such announcements (RCN’s Toppforsk, Centres of Excellence, ERC, MSCA ITN). Overall, we can see that the faculty has researchers with the potential to reach the top of their field. At the same time, there is a need to further develop the competence and strengthen the capacity to receive multiple applications within this type of announcements. Working with such applications often requires some sort of a long-term strategy, and therefore, funds will primarily be given for work with applications for the expected announcements in 2020.
The following expected announcements will be specifically emphasised in 2020:
- RCN – FRIPRO: Free Project Support
- ERC - Starting Grant
- ERC – Consolidator Grant
- ERC – Advanced Grant
Planned applications for other excellency announcements in 2020 may also be considered, provided that the applicant clarifies the need for financial support beyond the ordinary incentive funds in order to prepare the application. Planned applications for announcements in autumn 2019 may be considered assuming a realistic schedule.
Who may apply
Academic staff in permanent positions at the Faculty of Educational Sciences.
Employees who are already part of the faculty’s ERC programme may not apply for funds.
From 2019, the Research Council of Norway will introduce new evaluation criteria which will be used for all applications. These criteria are also close to those that are used in Horizon 2020. The Faculty of Educational Sciences’ stimulus funds are to be used so that the applicants can meet the RCN’s criteria in the best possible way within the application deadline for 2020:
- The degree to which the proposed work is ambitious, innovative and at the forefront of
- The quality of the proposed research and development activities
Impacts and effects
- Potential impacts and effects of the proposed research
- Communication and utilisation
- Quality of the project manager and project group
- Quality of the project's organisation and management
(Supplementary criteria: https://www.forskningsradet.no/en/Page/1254037516675)
The funds can be handed out in 2019 and Spring 2020.
Support up to NOK 200,000 may be applied for,- in order to cover the costs connected to the preparatory application work. The funds should be used for activities/equipment that contribute to the development of the application. This could be, for example, costs related to:
- Relevant material/equipment
- Purchase of services
- Research stays and visits
- Inviting guest researchers/potential partners
- Pilot studies
- Research assistance for the preparatory work
The application must contain:
- A list of publications and project portfolio for the last 5 years
- Short description of the project (max. 2 pages)
- Budget and activity plan
- Planned partners
- Current announcement
Closing date for applications:
Application deadline is 1 March 2019. The applications should be sent to the Faculty Secretariat.