Information about the corona virus for students at the Faculty of Education
Last updated 27.3, 13.00
- Where do I find information
- Buildings and study halls
- Lectures and seminars
- Examination and master's thesis
Information about changes in your courses will be given in the Canvas room/semester page for each course. Please continually check the updates for these. UiO's information pages are updated regularly. Please remember to check your UiO email regularly.
Please contact the UV Student Information Centre by mail or phone if you have any questions.
If you need to pick up books or other belongings from lockers or study halls, please contact UiO's Security Operation Center by calling 22 85 50 07.
Information about digital lectures will be published in the Canvas course rooms and semester pages.
All exams in Silurveien are cancelled this semester.
Information about any changes with examinations will be published in Canvas and on the semester pages once it is clarified.
During the spring semester 2020, UiO allows self-notification in case of absence from exams. If you are ill or in quarantine during an exam, you can send us an online message without attaching documentation.
1) Exams and assessment
- All exams will be conducted, but they may be rescheduled. Check the semester page for your respective course regularly.
- School exams will be changed to home examinations, and in some cases oral exams. For courses where this is applicable, information will come soon.
- All exams will be assessed according to the original grading scale.
2) Extended submission deadline for master’s theses.
- The submission deadline for Master’s Theses Spring 2020 is extended from May 29 to June 30.
- Students who, due to the situation around the coronavirus outbreak, are unable to complete the master’s thesis by June 30, may apply for postponing the thesis submission until July 31. The further extension of the deadline is only granted if justified by weighty reasons in line with the criteria listed below. The application must be submitted through an online form (link will be published on Canvas soon) Your supervisor must consent to the application. The applications will be processed by a team appointed by the department.
- Criteria for postponing the submission until July 31:
- Significant delay in data collection making it impossible to complete the thesis as planned
- Significant delay due to the need to make changes in the Master’s Thesis which must be notified to and approved by NSD and/or REK.
- Significant delay due to child care as a consequence of closed kindergartens and schools (for children under 12 years and/or children with special needs)
Master’s Thesis supervision is carried out as planned by email, Skype or other digital channels.