Prioritized research areas
The Faculty's research priorities over the next 10 years are set out in the Faculty Strategic Plan 2010 - 2020, where the main objective states:
"The Faculty of Educational Sciences shall strengthen its position as one of the leading European academic environments in educational sciences through a mutually reinforcing interplay between research, education and dissemination."
Eight prioritized research areas emerged through the Faculty strategic process (pdf):
- Classroom research and subject didactics
- School governance, educational leadership and organization
- Comparative and international education studies
- Humanitities studies in education
- Higher education and workplace learning
- Modern childhood: Children and youth educational trajectories
- Language development, text comprehension and learning from multiple information sources.
- Special needs educational research
These eight prioritized research areas are reflected in the faculty research groups. In addition, the University of Oslo has established seven inter-faculty research initiatives, where UV was assigned special responsibility for Education in Schools (CIS).
The faculty's Annual Plan 2011-2013 describes short term goals and objectives in more detail.
Faculty of Educational Sciences Annual Plan 2010.