Knowledge, Learning and Governance: Studies in higher education and work (HEDWORK)
(formerly ExCID - web pages to be updated shortly)
The focus of the HEDWORK group is to strengthen our knowledge base and enhance our theoretical, methodological, and empirical understanding of the dynamics of higher education and its way of fostering academic and professional development. (Page in Norwegian)
HEDWORK is a continuation of the former ExCID group, and consists of senior researchers and research fellows in the Department of Education, UiO, who conduct research in higher education and work settings. The group shares an interest in the dynamic interplay between knowledge, learning and governance in higher education and in knowledge-intensive work. By bringing societal, political and epistemic processes together, the group carries out research that examines the conditions for academic and professional development in a society that is more and more based on expert knowledge.
Even though higher education and working life are two separate sectors, they are tightly coupled through professional learning trajectories and questions on knowledge development and management of expertise. In a society in which most work processes are closely linked to learning and organisational change is often related to expectations of knowledge-based practices and innovation, it is necessary to investigate those processes and dynamics across boundaries.
The group is organised around three core areas:
- Organisation of knowledge, learning and developments in different expert cultures
- Policy making and governance of educational institutions
- Teaching, learning and academic development in higher education
The group is involved in various projects as the main coordinator or as a partner. In addition, the group arranges regular open academic seminars with both internal and external speakers and has its own working paper series.
- Formation and Competence Building of Academic Developers
- PeTS; Faculty peer-tutoring in teaching and supervision - Innovation teacher collaboration practices in Norwegian higher education
Academic programmes and courses
Group members are involved in teaching and supervision at the M. Phil Higher Education and the Master i Pedagogikk - Kunnskap, utdanning og læring (in Norwegian) programme at IPED, as well as in the PhD programme at the Faculty of Education. Members of the group also offer courses in university pedagogy through the LINK centre for teaching and learning.
Cooperation and associate members
- Åse Gornitzka (UiO, Norway)
- Anders Mørch (IPED, UiO, Norway)
- Hilde Afdal (HiØ, Norway)
- Christine Watne Kristiansen (UiA, Norway)
- Romulo Pinheiro (University of Agder, Norway)
- Mari Elken (NIFU, Norway)
- Jens Jungblut (INCHER, Germany)
- Crina Damsa (ILS, UiO, Norway)
In order to get updates and information about events organized by HEDWORK, you can subscribe to the e-mail list email@example.com. If you are an employee or student at UiO you can do this directly at Sympa, for all others, see information here (in Norwegian).