Disputation: Fesseha Abadi Weldemichael
Master Fesseha Abadi Weldemichael at the Department of Education defends his doctoral dissertation for the degree of PhD:
Integrated Functional Adult Literacy Education for Empowerment and Sustainable Development in Ethiopia. A Comparative Study of Tigray and Amhara Regions.
Fesseha Abadi Weldemichael. Photo. Department of Education, University of Oslo
Trial lecture - time and place
His trial lecture will be held Thursday 6 September 2018, 10.15 - 11.00, in Lecture Hall 3, Helga Engs building, Blindern.
Discuss the most important obstacles that prevent the implementation of an adult education policy drawing on 'education as a human right' in Ethiopia and consider policy options that could overcome some of these obstacles.
- Professor Heribert Hinzen, DVV International (Deutsche Volkhochschule Verband), Germany (the first opponent)
- Professor Zelda Groener, Institute for Post-School Studies, University of the Western Cape, South Africa (the second opponent)
- Professor emeritus Jon Lauglo, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo, is third member of the committee and the committee's coordinator.
Chair of defence
- Professor Vibeke Grøver, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
- Professor Lene Buchert, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
- Dr. Wim Hoppers, Independent International Consultant, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Netherlands