Disputation: Master Rose Ephraim Matete
Master Rose Ephraim Matete defends her doctoral dissertation for the degree of Ph.d.:
Decentralisation in Tanzanian Education and Teacher Accountability. The Case of Primary School Management in Kinondoni Municipality and Mbeya City.
Rose Ephraim Matete
Trial lecture - time and place
Her trial lecture will be held Wednesday December 17th 2014 at 10.15 - 11.00, in Auditorium 2, Helga Engs hus, Blindern
- How have decentralization and school-based decision-making policies and practices improved and/ or hindered accountability and performance management in the provision of educational services in Tanzania?.
- Profesor Alec Gershberg, New School for Public Engagement, New York, City, USA (1. opponent).
- Professor Justinian Galabawa, Department of Educational Foundations, Management and Lifelong Education, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (2. opponent)
Professor Birgit Brock-Utne, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo, is 3rd member of the Committee and the committee's coordinator.
Chair of defence
- Dean, professor Berit Karseth, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
- Professor Lene Buchert, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
- Professor Jon Lauglo, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo