Disputation: Master Leila Eve Ferguson
Master Leila Eve Ferguson defends her doctoral dissertation for the degree of Ph.d.:
Making sense of multiple texts: An investigation into epistemic beliefs and multiple-text comprehension when students read about controversial science topics.
Photo: Cindy Grønsberg
Trial lecture - time and place
Her trial lecture will be held Thursday March 21st 2013 at 10.15 - 11.00, Lecture Hall 1, Helga Engs hus, Blindern
- Epistemic Cognition: What is it about and what should it be (i.e., what do we students want to believe about knowledge?)
- Professor Rainer Bromme, Department of Psychology, Universitetet i Münster, Germany (1. opponent).
- Professor Saskia Brand-Gruwel, Centre for Learning Sciences and Technologies, Open University Heerlen, Nederland (2. opponent).
- 3rd member of the committee and coordinator is Associate Professor Christian Brandmo, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
Chair of defence
- Professor Andreas Lund, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
- Professor Ivar Bråten, Department of Educational Research, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo.
The candidate is admitted to the National Graduate School in Educational Reserach, NATED
Information in Norwegian, see