Disputation: Niri Talberg
Master Niri Talberg at the Department of Education defends his doctoral dissertation for the degree of PhD:
Young Poker players. Learning processes between education and stigmation.
Trial lecture - time and place
His trial lecture will be held Monday 9 April 2018, 10.15 - 11.00, in Lecture Hall 3, Helga Engs building, Blindern.
Gaming and transmediality: Games work through a number of platforms, from face to face to virtual reality, with different Interfaces. Position poker between the analogue and the digital, and compare with other time-consuming games that stir present debates. How does the general development of digital technology influence how we use and experience games?
- Professor Hans Jørgen Wallin Weihe, Department of Social and Educational Sciences, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (the first opponent).
- Associate Professor Torill Elvira Mortensen, Center for Computer Games Research, IT-Universitet, Copenhagen, Denmark (the second opponent).
- Professor Leif Christian Lahn, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo, is third member of the committee and the committee's coordinator.
Chair of defence
- Head of Department, Professor Ola Erstad, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo.
- Research Professor Svenn-Erik Mamelund, Centre for Welfare and Labour Research, Work Research Institute, OsloMet - Oslo Metropolitan University.
- Associate Professor Kristinn Hegna, Department of Education, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo.