Leave of Absence and Delay

As a student you can apply for a leave of absence or an extension of your master's thesis if you are delayed.

Leave of absence

All students with the right to study in a study programme can apply for a leave of absence, but there are conditions attached to when an application can be made andthe length of the leave of absence. Examples of conditions that can give grounds for a leave of absence are illness, pregnancy and adoption. Application for the leave of absence should be sent to the Faculty. The supervision contract should be changed if leave of absence occurs. Please use part II of the contract for changes. The changes should be reported to the department that organizes the study programme.


Only for students who started Master degree studies in fall semester 2010 or later.

If you are delayed in your studies and cannot manage to submit Master thesis in time, you must apply for extension.

You can only apply for one semesters at the time and the application should be submitted to the Department. Please contact your Department for more information.

Published Feb. 16, 2011 8:54 AM - Last modified Sep. 27, 2012 3:57 PM