24 - 25 September 2020 | University of Oslo
We wish to thank all participants for a wonderful and stimulating online EELC8 conference. If your university would like to organise EELC9 in 2022, please get in touch with Professor Karin Tusting and Meetings Secretary Charlotte Selleck from the LEF committee.
Keynote 1-3, the welcome session and concluding remarks are now available to be viewed in the Recorded Sessions section in the bar on the left of this page.
The theme of the eighth biennial Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication conference is “Perspectives across disciplinary and political borders.”
Mark the dates:
- Registration deadline (non-presenters): 14 September 2020
- Pre-conference events: Publishing workshop with Multilingual Matters and Einar Haugen lecture, 23 September 2020
- Access code emailed to registered participants: 23 September 2020
- Technical Help Desk open 13:00 - 15:00 (GMT+2) 23 September 2020
- Conference: 24 - 25 September 2020
Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication (EELC) is a biannual conference for the Linguistic Ethnography Forum affiliated with BAAL. The conference aims to
- Provide a dedicated cross-disciplinary forum for researchers who combine ethnographic and linguistic approaches
- Facilitate high quality debate on contemporary issues across health, education, social policy and cultural studies
- Establish a stimulating programme combining plenary lectures, data workshops, oral and poster presentations
- Facilitate international dialogue between linguistic ethnography and linguistic anthropology
We hope to see you then!
Looking for something? More information about the conference can be found by using the menu to the left. Illustration by Colourbox.