24 - 25 September 2020 | University of Oslo
The theme of the eighth biennial Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication conference is “Perspectives across disciplinary and political borders.”
Mark the dates:
- Submissions open: August 2019
- Submission deadline for abstracts: 16 December 2019 (extended)
- Acceptance/decline notifications: 3 February 2020
- Registration deadline: 15 May 2020
- Conference: 24 - 25 September 2020
- For early arrivals: publishing workshop and Einar Haugen lecture, 23 September 2020
Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication (EELC) is a biannual conference for the Linguistic Ethnography Forum affiliated with BAAL. The conference aims to
- Provide a dedicated cross-disciplinary forum for researchers who combine ethnographic and linguistic approaches
- Facilitate high quality debate on contemporary issues across health, education, social policy and cultural studies
- Establish a stimulating programme combining plenary lectures, data workshops, oral and poster presentations
- Facilitate international dialogue between linguistic ethnography and linguistic anthropology
We hope to see you there!
Looking for something? More information about the conference can be found by using the menu to the left.