Aiming to bring together scholars
In 2021, the second Exploring Language Education (ELE) conference will be organized by the University of Oslo. The first ELE conference was held at Stockholm University in June 2018. The ELE conference employs a broad definition of language education, aiming to bring together scholars working in different areas of the field. There will be some slight changes to the program schedule as presented for ELE2020. We will publish an updated program schedule for the new dates as soon as we have the details ready.
Cindy Brantmeier, Washington University, St. Louis, USA
Jeppe Bundsgaard, Aarhus University, Denmark
Richard Kern, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Debra Myhill, University of Exeter, UK
Shannon Sauro, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA
We have decided to plan for a hybrid event, since it is hard to know for the time being what the situation will look like in June. A hybrid event will allow those of you who are able to travel safely to join us face-to-face in Oslo, whereas others can join us digitally. The virtual platform will be fully integrated into the live event, so that all participants (including key note speakers and symposium organizers) can decide for themselves whether to attend physically or digitally.
- Publication of Call for Papers: June 5 2019
- Deadline for abstract submission: November 15 2019
- Notification of acceptance: Mid January 2020
- Registration: April 9 2021
- Notification of physical attendance: May 20 2021
- Conference dates: June 9-11 2021
All questions: send us an e-mail
Share with colleagues
The conference is organized by
- Research group Studies of Instruction across Subjects and Competences (SISCO)
- Department of Teacher Education and School Research
- Research group Teacher's Professional Development and Educational Change (TEPEC)
University of Oslo
(Illustration/ banner: Colourbox and S. Colvin/UV).