Call for papers
We welcome proposals for individual papers, colloquia and posters.
|Deadline for abstract submission:||15 November, 2019|
|Notification of acceptance:||Mid January, 2020|
(papers and posters):
|Submission (Opens June 5)|
The ELE conference employs a broad definition of language education, aiming to bring together scholars working in different areas of the field. The conference is intended to reflect a variety of perspectives on language education (in terms of first, second, or additional languages) with learners of all ages. We welcome proposals for individual papers, colloquia and posters. Themes may include:
- digital language learning and teaching
- foreign language learning, teaching, and assessment
- literacy and multimodality
- minoritized languages – maintenance and development in educational contexts
- plurilingualism and multilingual education
- the role of literature and culture in language education
- second language acquisition (SLA) studies and their relevance for language teaching
- Individual papers and posters: no more than 250 words including references (if included).
- Colloquia proposal submitted by a chair on behalf of 3-5 presenters: an introduction of no more than 100 words followed by abstracts of each contribution of no more than 250 words including references (if included). A discussant may be invited.
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Papers, posters and colloquia contributions may be presented in English or one of the Scandinavian languages.
- Titles of all proposals: max. 20 words
- Publication of Call for Papers: June 5 2019
- Deadline for abstract submission: Nov. 15 2019
- Notification of acceptance: Mid January 2020
- Conference dates: June 9-11 2021