Information on accommodation in Oslo, maps and directions.
Oslo Airport (OSL)
Oslo Airport (OSL) is roughly 50 km north of Oslo, and the Airport Express Train (Flytoget) is the fastest way of getting to the city centre. The train leaves every 10 minutes from Oslo Airport to Oslo Central Station (Oslo S), and every 20 minutes to the station Nationaltheatret (train continuing to Drammen). The ride takes 22 and 25 minutes, respectively, and the cost is NOK 195.
Tickets are available at ticket counters and vending machines at the airport, but the most convenient option is E-ticket. E-tickets are purchased by credit card at card readers in the Arrival hall (before the stairway to the platform). Electronic receipts may be printed afterwards by registering (flytoget.no). Note that you should register your profile/card beforehand.
For timetables and additional information on E-tickets etc., please see the Airport Express Train’s website.
From Oslo Airport (OSL) to Blindern
Take the Airport Express train to Nationaltheatret Metro Station (direction Drammen). Note that only Drammen trains stop at the Nationaltheatret Metro Station. Take the westbound metro line 5 Sognsvann, westbound line 4 Vestli via Storo or westbound line 5 Ringen via Storo. The Blindern metro stop is two stops from Nationaltheatheret.
The Google map shows all relevant locations for the conference and some directions. You can follow directions with your cell phone or print the maps beforehand.
Public transportation in Oslo
NB: It is not possible to buy tickets on trams and metro carriages. It is not possible to activate the ticket on board the metro. This must be done at the station.
How to buy tickets?
- App: we recommend you to install Ruter app on your mobile. It is the easiest and fastest way to buy tickets. You may pay with Visa, MasterCard or Apple Pay.
- Ticket machines: you will find ticket machines at Metro stations and in train stations
- Kiosks and Service Points: Narvesen, 7-Eleven, Deli De Luca and Mix. Ruter's Customer Service Centre (for example at the Central Station).
More information on Ruter (external website)
Pricing and zones
The entire Metro system is in Zone 1. For travelling in Oslo Centre and to Blindern (Conference venue), choose Zone 1.
- Single ticket (1 zone): 38 NOK
- 24-hour ticket (1 zone): 114 NOK
- 7-day tickets (1 zone): 320 NOK