Ida Cheyenne Martinez Lunde
- Digitization and digital governance in education
- Educational leadership
- Professionalism, autonomy and accountability in education (school leaders and teachers)
- Actor-network theory and sociomaterial approaches
Digital Governance in Education: How School Leaders’ Practices in Ireland and Norway are Assembled by Social and Material Entities.
The PhD project is a comparative and international study that will inquire into school leaders' use of digital data technologies in Norway and Ireland. Increasingly, school leaders' are met with the expectations to utilize digital data technologies in the organization, planning and execution of teaching and learning. In particular, the usage of such digital data technologies for the collection and analysis of student data (at a local and national level) has become a target in educational policy in both countries. This notion requires school leaders to engage in and support competence-and organizational development within the school as an organization, but also in relation and co-operation to other actors.
As a point of departure, the project is based on the advancement of digital data technologies that digitize student data by offering complex and personalized forms of learning analytics and predictive analytics. Such digital data technologies enable school leaders to document, report and analyze big quantities of school data. This practice transforms certain aspects of assessment to digitized data, and can later be presented through different visualizations that will inform individual students' progression. How school leaders, in relation to digital data technologies and other social and material entities together form leadership practices is one of the main focuses of this project.
The project is grounded in a sociomaterial approach that aims to analyze both human and non-human actors in the practices that are being realized and made into being through the coming-together of the relations between school leaders and digital data technologies. This will further have implications for school governance. The PhD project will as such contribute to the fields of digital governance, educational policy and educational leadership.Both nationally and internationally, the combination of digital governance and educational leadership has been given little attention.
2020: Visiting scholar, Autonomous University of Barcelona
2020-2021: Doctoral representative in the Department of Teacher Education and School Research Council
2019-: Doctoral representative in the PhD Programme Council, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo.
Ongoing and finished projects:
2018 - d.d.: PhD project: Digital Governance in Education: How School Leaders’ Practices in Ireland and Norway are Assembled by Social and Material Entities.
2016-2018: Masteroppgave: The Enactment of Key Skills: A Comparative Case Study of Two Junior Cycle Schools in Ireland.
- Lunde, Ida & Gunnulfsen, Ann Elisabeth (2021). Governance Through Digital Formations – The Case of ‘What Works’ in a Norwegian Education Context, In John Benedicto Krejsler & Lejf Moos (ed.), What Works in Nordic School Policies?. Springer. ISBN 978-3-030-66629-3. Kapittel 10. s 195 - 212
- Lunde, Ida & Ottesen, Eli (2020). Digital technologies in policy assemblages in Ireland and Norway: A visual network analysis. European Educational Research Journal. ISSN 1474-9041. . doi: 10.1177/1474904120972291 Full text in Research Archive.
- Lunde, Ida (2020). Karakterrot i IB-systemet: et skrekkeksempel på bruk av algoritmer som vurderingsform. Khrono.no. ISSN 1894-8995.