Ingrid Rodrick Beiler
English language and teaching, multilingualism, writing, intercultural competence, newly arrived students, sociolinguistics in educational contexts, linguistic ethnography, classroom research
PPU3210: Teaching and learning (teacher certification course, 1st semester)
PROF3025: Teaching and learning (master of education, 6th semester)
PPU3220: Assessment and differentiation (teacher certification course, 2nd semester)
PROF4045: Facilitating learning (master of education, 7th semester)
Supervisor for M.A. student Rakel Ødegaard Skaugen (2018-2019)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Kristina Jusufi (2018)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Hafsa Warsame (2017-2018)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Manuela Ianuzzi (2016-2017)
M.A. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, American University, Washington, DC, USA (2010)
B.A. French and Francophone Studies, Certificate in International Relations, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA (2004)
Assistant professor of English, Oslo and Akershus University College, 2014-2016
English teacher and program manager in Palestine, with program development and teacher education assignments in Iraq, 2010-2014
English teacher in adult and higher education in the United States, 2007-2010
As well as NGO sector experience in Palestine (2010-2014) and the United States (2004-2008)
Mobility and Collaboration
Staff mobility, ESPE École supérieure du professorat et de l'éducation, University of Strasbourg, France, June and December 2018 (invited by Prof. Andrea Young)
Conference planning committee for Multilingualism and Education: Interdisciplinary and International Perspectives, a collaboration between SISCO and MultiLing.
- Brevik, Lisbeth M.; Rindal, Ulrikke Elisabeth & Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Language Use in English lessons. Monolingual, bilingual and multilingual approaches, In Lisbeth M. Brevik & Ulrikke Elisabeth Rindal (ed.), Teaching English in Norwegian classrooms: From research to practice. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 9788215032283. Chapter 4.
- Rindal, Ulrikke Elisabeth; Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick & Listuen, Sigrid Graedler (2020). Intercultural competence and cultural identities, In Lisbeth M. Brevik & Ulrikke Elisabeth Rindal (ed.), Teaching English in Norwegian classrooms: From research to practice. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 9788215032283. Chapter 9.
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick (2019). Negotiating Multilingual Resources in English Writing Instruction for Recent Immigrants to Norway. TESOL quarterly (Print). ISSN 0039-8322. . doi: 10.1002/tesq.535 Show summary
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2019). Engelskundervisning for ungdommer med sen start i faget.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2019). Negotiating Multilingual Resources in Writing Instruction for Newly Arrived Students in Lower Secondary School.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2019). Quality from participant perspectives: A case of inclusion in multilingual classrooms.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick & Dewilde, Joke (2019). Translation as Translingual Writing Practice - Colloquium on Translanguaging Practices in English Language Teaching in Scandinavian Contexts.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick & Dewilde, Joke (2019). Translation as Translingual Writing Practice in English as an Additional Language - ISB.
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick (2018). Flerspråklige praksiser i engelsk skriveundervisning for nyankomne elever.
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick (2018). Multilingualism as a Resource in English Writing Instruction: Methodological Presentation.