Ingrid Rodrick Beiler
English language and teaching, multilingualism, writing, intercultural competence, newly arrived students, sociolinguistics in educational contexts, linguistic ethnography, classroom research
PPU3210: Teaching and learning (teacher certification course, 1st semester)
PROF3025: Teaching and learning (master of education, 6th semester)
PPU3220: Assessment and differentiation (teacher certification course, 2nd semester)
PROF4045: Facilitating learning (master of education, 7th semester)
Supervisor for M.A. student Rakel Ødegaard Skaugen (2020)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Kristina Jusufi (2018)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Hafsa Warsame (2018)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Manuela Ianuzzi (2017)
M.A. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, American University, Washington, DC, USA (2010)
B.A. French and Francophone Studies, Certificate in International Relations, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA (2004)
Assistant professor of English, Oslo and Akershus University College, 2014-2016
English teacher and program manager in Palestine, with program development and teacher education assignments in Iraq, 2010-2014
English teacher in adult and higher education in the United States, 2007-2010
As well as NGO sector experience in Palestine (2010-2014) and the United States (2004-2008)
Mobility and Collaboration
Staff mobility, ESPE École supérieure du professorat et de l'éducation, University of Strasbourg, France, June and December 2018 (invited by Prof. Andrea Young)
Conference planning committee for Multilingualism and Education: Interdisciplinary and International Perspectives, a collaboration between SISCO and MultiLing.
Conference planning committee for Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication 8, a collaboration between the Department of Teacher Education and School Research and MultiLing, on behalf of the Linguistic Ethnography Forum.
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick & Dewilde, Joke Ingrid (2020). Translation as Translingual Writing Practice in English as an Additional Language. The Modern Language Journal. ISSN 0026-7902. 104(3), s 533- 549 . doi: 10.1111/modl.12660 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Marked and Unmarked Translanguaging in Accelerated, Mainstream, and Sheltered English Classrooms. Multilingua - Journal of Cross-cultural and Interlanguage Communiciation. ISSN 0167-8507. . doi: 10.1515/multi-2020-0022 Full text in Research Archive.
- Brevik, Lisbeth M.; Rindal, Ulrikke Elisabeth & Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Language use in English lessons: Monolingual, bilingual and multilingual approaches, In Lisbeth M. Brevik & Ulrikke Elisabeth Rindal (ed.), Teaching English in Norwegian classrooms: From research to practice. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 9788215032283. Chapter 4. s 92 - 116
- Rindal, Ulrikke Elisabeth; Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick & Listuen, Sigrid Graedler (2020). Intercultural competence and cultural identities, In Lisbeth M. Brevik & Ulrikke Elisabeth Rindal (ed.), Teaching English in Norwegian classrooms: From research to practice. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 9788215032283. Chapter 9. s 217 - 236
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Monitoring Ethical Decision-Making in Classroom Linguistic Ethnography.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Negotiating Classroom Language Policy for English Teaching Across Three Instructional Settings. Show summary
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Students’ translation practices in linguistically diverse classrooms.
- Brevik, Lisbeth M.; Doetjes, Gerke; Bakken, Jonas; Baran, Mukadder; Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick; Brkan-Musad, Altijana; Buchholtz, Nils; Hartvigsen, Kirsten Marie; Ødegaard, Marianne & Aashamar, Peter Nicolai (2020). Tospråklig opplæring på fagenes premisser. Rapport fra evalueringen av tospråklig opplæring i skolen (ETOS-prosjektet)..
- Brevik, Lisbeth M.; Flognfeldt, Mona Evelyn & Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Livsmestring, mangfold, relevans. Engelskfaget etter fagfornyelsen. Bedre Skole. ISSN 0802-183X. (1), s 46- 51
- Dewilde, Joke & Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020, 02. mars). Ingrid Rodrick Beiler om flerspråklighet i engelskdidaktikk. [Radio]. Podcast Mi Lenga-podden, ILS, UiO.