Ingrid Rodrick Beiler
English language and teaching, multilingualism, writing, intercultural competence, newly arrived students, sociolinguistics in educational contexts, linguistic ethnography, classroom research
PPU3210: Teaching and learning (teacher certification course, 1st semester)
PROF3025: Teaching and learning (master of education, 6th semester)
PPU3220: Assessment and differentiation (teacher certification course, 2nd semester)
PROF4045: Facilitating learning (master of education, 7th semester)
Supervisor for M.A. student Rakel Ødegaard Skaugen (2020)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Kristina Jusufi (2018)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Hafsa Warsame (2018)
Co-supervisor for M.A. student Manuela Ianuzzi (2017)
M.A. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, American University, Washington, DC, USA (2010)
B.A. French and Francophone Studies, Certificate in International Relations, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA (2004)
Assistant professor of English, Oslo and Akershus University College, 2014-2016
English teacher and program manager in Palestine, with program development and teacher education assignments in Iraq, 2010-2014
English teacher in adult and higher education in the United States, 2007-2010
As well as NGO sector experience in Palestine (2010-2014) and the United States (2004-2008)
Mobility and Collaboration
Staff mobility, ESPE École supérieure du professorat et de l'éducation, University of Strasbourg, France, June and December 2018 (invited by Prof. Andrea Young)
Conference planning committee for Multilingualism and Education: Interdisciplinary and International Perspectives, a collaboration between SISCO and MultiLing.
Conference planning committee for Explorations in Ethnography, Language and Communication 8, a collaboration between the Department of Teacher Education and School Research and MultiLing, on behalf of the Linguistic Ethnography Forum.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick; Brevik, Lisbeth M. & Christiansen, Torgeir (2021). Skjermopptak som forskningsmetode i og utenfor klasserommet, I: Cecilie Pedersen Dalland & Emilia Andersson-Bakken (red.), Metoder i klasseromsforskning Forskningsdesign, datainnsamling og analyse. Universitetsforlaget. ISBN 9788215047508. Kap..
- Beiler, Ingrid Miriam Rodrick & Dewilde, Joke Ingrid (2020). Translation as Translingual Writing Practice in English as an Additional Language. The Modern Language Journal. ISSN 0026-7902. 104(3), s 533- 549 . doi: 10.1111/modl.12660 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Marked and Unmarked Translanguaging in Accelerated, Mainstream, and Sheltered English Classrooms. Multilingua - Journal of Cross-cultural and Interlanguage Communiciation. ISSN 0167-8507. . doi: 10.1515/multi-2020-0022 Full text in Research Archive.
- Beiler, Ingrid M. Rodrick & Dewilde, Joke Ingrid (2021). Elevers oversettelsespraksiser. Bedre Skole. ISSN 0802-183X. 33(1), s 78- 83
- Beiler, Ingrid M. Rodrick & Dewilde, Joke Ingrid (2021). Flerspråklige elevers oversettelsesstrategier og holdninger til oversettelse som ledd i engelsk skriving. Liv i skolen. ISSN 1398-2613. 23(1), s 44- 53
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick; Brevik, Lisbeth M. & Dewilde, Joke (2021). Multilingualism as a Resource in English Writing Instruction: Opportunities and Obstacles in Five Linguistically Diverse Classrooms in Norway. Doktoravhandlinger forsvart ved Det utdanningsvitenskapelige fakultet, Universitetet i Oslo. 329. Full text in Research Archive.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick & Dewilde, Joke (2021). When we see that kind of language, “someone is going to jail”. Ether – Ethics and Aesthetics for Encountering the Other.
- Dewilde, Joke & Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2021). Transspråking som pedagogisk strategi i grunnmodul og modul 1.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Monitoring Ethical Decision-Making in Classroom Linguistic Ethnography.
- Beiler, Ingrid Rodrick (2020). Negotiating Classroom Language Policy for English Teaching Across Three Instructional Settings. Show summary