I am an associate professor of science education at the Department of Teacher Education and School Research. I also work as an associate professor II at the Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (Høgskolen i Innlandet), Hamar.
I completed my PhD study at the Department of Teacher Education and School Research, University of Oslo. My dissertation drew on research in science education and international large-scale assessments. I received Bruce H. Choppin Dissertation Award from the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA).
My research interests lie primarily in the areas of science education and large-scale assessment:
- inquiry-based teaching
- scientific reasoning and argumentation
- teacher competence and instructional quality
- assessment and learning analytics
- academic resilience and educational equity.
- PhD, Science Education, 2019, University of Oslo, Norway.
- M. A., Science Education, 2011, the University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- Diploma, Applied Statistical Modeling, 2011, the University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- B. Ed, Physics, 2005, the State University of Malang, Indonesia.
Awards and fellowships
- Young CAS Fellow, 2022-2024, Centre for Advanced Study (CAS) at the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters.
- Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report Fellowship, 2022, UNESCO.
- Early Career Researcher Travel Award, 2022, European Educational Research Association (ESERA).
- Global Education Award, 2021, Global Education Network Europe (GENE).
- Bruce H. Choppin Dissertation Award, 2020, International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA).
- Visiting Researcher Award, Word Education Research Association (WERA), 2020.
- Ambassador’s Awards for Academic Excellence, 2012, The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia, USA.
- Graduate Dean’s Prestigious Fellowship, 2011, The University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- Critical Thinking Educational Award, 2011, James Randi Educational Foundation, USA.
- International Ford Fellowship, 2009-2011, Ford Foundation, USA.
Courses in science education:
- PPU3210: Undervisning og læringsforløp i naturfag.
- PPU3220: Vurdering og tilpasset opplæring i naturfag.
- PPU3510D: Undervisning og læring, faglig utvikling, klasse- og læringsledelse.
- PROF1015: Profesjonsidentitet, læring og undervisning
- PROF3025: Ledelse av elevers læring (naturfagenes fagdidaktikk).
- PROF4045: Tilrettelegging for elevers læring
- RDID4030: Naturfagdidaktikk fordypning.
- NATDID4001: Naturfagene, forskning og skole.
- NATDID4002: Naturfagene, forskning og samfunn.
Courses in research methodology: