Roar Bakken Stovner
I study instructional quality in mathematics and relations to student learning.
Master of Science and Technology introduced to teaching through the Teach First Norway teacher preparation programme. I have taught in lower and upper secondary schools since 2012 and have had positions as Head of Year and Head of Mathematics . In 2015/2016 I completed a year of studies in School Leadership at the BI School of Business.
Master's degree in mathematics on topological methods for data analysis: https://ntnuopen.ntnu.no/ntnu-xmlui/handle/11250/259088
- Luoto, Jennifer Maria; Stovner, Roar Bakken; Nortvedt, Guri A. & Buchholtz, Nils (2018). Methodological challenges when scaling up research on instructional quality in mathematics, In Johan Häggström (ed.), Perspectives on professional development of mathematics teachers. Proceedings of MADIF 11 The eleventh research seminar of the Swedish Society for Research in Mathematics Education. Karlstad, January 23–24, 2018. SMDF. ISBN 978-91-984024-2-1. Symposium. s 211 - 220
- Martin, Christie; Radišić, Jelena; Stovner, Roar Bakken; Blikstad-Balas, Marte & Klette, Kirsti (2019). Exploring the use of mathematics observation tools across contexts - How do these tools shape our understanding of instructional quality when applied in different school settings?. Show summary
- Stovner, Roar Bakken (2019). Conceptual and Procedural Feedback across 164 Norwegian Mathematics Lessons.
- Stovner, Roar Bakken & Nortvedt, Guri A. (2019). Using video data to research teachers’ feedback practices – a matched comparison approach. Show summary
- Stovner, Roar Bakken (2018). Do Mathematics-Specific and General Observation Instruments Capture Different Aspects of Instruction?. Show summary
- Stovner, Roar Bakken (2018). Får elevene gruble nok? Dilemmaer ved å gi støtte i matematikktimene.
- Stovner, Roar Bakken; Nortvedt, Guri A.; Buchholtz, Nils & Luoto, Jennifer Maria (2018). Symposium of Researching the Quality of Mathematics Teaching.
- Stovner, Roar Bakken (2017). How Do Norwegian Mathematics Teachers Provide Feedback During Their Lessons in Lower Secondary Schools?.