- Multiple documents literacy
- Text relevance and learning from text
- Reading motivation
Current projects and activities
- NATED: The National Graduate School in Educational Research, Track 1: Language development, text comprehension and literacy
Higher education and employment history
2012 - : Research fellow/Ph.D.-student, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, University of Oslo
2010 - 2012: School psychologist, Bærum
2009 - 2011: Master in Educational-psychology, Institute of Educational Research, University of Oslo
2007 - 2008: Bachelor in Educational Science, Institute of Educational Research, University of Oslo
2004 - 2007: Bachelor in Media Science, Institute for Media and Communication, University of Oslo
Stenseth, T. & Strømsø, H.I. (2018). To read or not to read: A Qualitative Study of Students’ Justifications for Document Selection in Task-Oriented Reading. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
Strømsø, H.I., Bråten, I., Stenseth, T. (2016). The role of students’ prior topic beliefs in recall and evaluation of information from texts on socio-scientific issues. Nordic Psychology.
Stenseth, T., Bråten, I., & Strømsø, H.I. (2016). Investigating interest and knowledge as predictors of students’ attitudes towards socio-scientific issues. Learning and Individual Differences, 47, 274-280.
McCrudden, M.T., Stenseth, T., Bråten, I., & Strømsø, H.I.(2016). The effects of topic familiarity, author expertise, and content relevance on Norwegian students' document Selection: A mixed methods study. Journal of Educational Psychology, 108(2), 147-162.
- Stenseth, Tonje & Strømsø, Helge Ivar (2018). To read or not to read: A qualitative study of students' justifications for document selection in task-oriented reading. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. ISSN 0031-3831. 63, s 771- 788 . doi: 10.1080/00313831.2018.1434828
- Strømsø, Helge Ivar; Bråten, Ivar & Stenseth, Tonje (2017). The role of students' prior beliefs in recall and evaluation of information from texts on socio-scientific issues. Nordic Psychology. ISSN 1901-2276. 69(3), s 127- 142 . doi: 10.1080/19012276.2016.1198270 Full text in Research Archive.
- McCrudden, Matthew; Stenseth, Tonje; Bråten, Ivar & Strømsø, Helge Ivar (2016). The Effects of Topic Familiarity, Author Expertise, and Content Relevance on Norwegian Students' Document Selection: A Mixed Methods Study.. Journal of Educational Psychology. ISSN 0022-0663. 108(2), s 147- 162 . doi: 10.1037/edu0000057
- Stenseth, Tonje; Bråten, Ivar & Strømsø, Helge Ivar (2016). Investigating interest and knowledge as predictors of students' attitudes towards socio-scientific issues. Learning and Individual Differences. ISSN 1041-6080. 47, s 274- 280 . doi: 10.1016/j.lindif.2016.02.005
- Stenseth, Tonje (2020). Competent readers in digital contexts.
- Stenseth, Tonje (2020). Derfor skal vi ikke kaste bøkene ut av klasserommet. Drammens tidende. ISSN 0805-3731. Show summary
- Stenseth, Tonje (2020). Lærer du best når du leser på brett eller i en bok?. Show summary
- Stenseth, Tonje (2019). How and what students read. A study of evaluation and document selection processes in task-oriented reading..
- Stenseth, Tonje (2019). Omvendt undervisning i vitenskapsteori og metode. [Video ].
- Stenseth, Tonje (2019). Utvikling av elevers digitale lesestrategier og leseprosesser. Lærerstudenter som forskere på sin egen praksis..
- Stenseth, Tonje & Jensen, Henning (2019). Hva kjennetegner god lesekompetanse i digitale omgivelser?.
- Stenseth, Tonje (2016). Who and what to trust when selecting between different sources of information?.
- Stenseth, Tonje; Strømsø, Helge Ivar & Bråten, Ivar (2014). "I remember what the text says but don't really think it's true (when it disagrees with me).".