Anniken Hotvedt Sundby
Research interests are centered around analyzing school reforms and curricula. In my doctoral project, the question of knowledge and its relationship between competence and knowledge in curricula for subjects, especially the Norwegian subject, is explored.
Methodologically, the cutting-edge expertise lies in document analysis, comparative content analysis, and qualitative analysis of interview data.
- 2019 - d.d: Doctoral candidate in pedagogy, Department of Education, University of Oslo
- 2018 - 2019: Senior Adviser, Ministry of Education and Research, Department for Education, Training and Skills Policy
- 2014 - 2018: Senior Adviser, Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training
- 2007 - 2014: Teacher in upper secondary school
- 2003 - 2006: Teacher in lower secondary school
- Master`s degree: co-supervisor:
- Samiske læreres undervisningskunst: En kvalitativ studie om samiske læreres oppfattede undervisningspraksis (2021)
- Fullføringsreformen - ideer, utfordringer og løsningsforslag (2022)
- The school subject Norwegian – changes and continuities in the curriculum 2006- 2020, NERA (The Nordic Educational Research Association), University of Turku, Finland, 2020
- The `knowledge question` in the Norwegian curriculum, Åsgårdstrand-webinar, University of South-Eastern Norway, 2020
- The `knowledge question` in the Norwegian curriculum, UiONorden, 2021
- Teacher and Subject Curricula, Linneaus University, Väksjö, Sweden, 2021
- What is a school subject? Teachers` perspectives on a new subject curriculum, NERA, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, 2021
- Knnskapsspørsmålet i læreplanen i norsk NNMF8, (Nordic network for mother tongue didactic research), University of Uppsala, Sweden, 2021
- Vocational orientation in the Norwegian subject: teachers' re-contextualizing of a new subject curriculum, NERA, Reykjavik University, Island, 2022
- Knowledge about what? Teachers` interpretations of a subject curriculum document, Åsgårdstrand Working Seminar, University of South-Eastern Norway, 2022
Commissions of trust
- 2020-2021: Deputy representative, the department board, Department of Education
- 2022-2023: Elected representative for fixed-term academic staff, the University Board
Sundby, Anniken Hotvedt (2022). Knowledge about what? ‘The knowledge question’ in the Norwegian curriculum.
Sundby, Anniken Hotvedt & Karseth, Berit (2022). Knowledge about what? `The knowledge question` in the Norwegian curriculum. BERA Blog.