Academic interests and research areas
- Research intensive universities in civil societies
- Comparative studies of higher education
- Formation of academic staff and students in higher education
- Academic Development
- Teaching and learning in professional education
- Teaching in courses and learning activities for academic staff development at UiO
- Academic consultation for university teachers and leaders
- Supervision of students in doctoral and masters programmes
Higher education and academic employment
- 2018- Professor, Institutt for pedagogikk, UiO
- 2013-2017 Associate Director and Teaching and Learning Coordinator, Center for Faculty Excellence, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- 2010-2013 Research Scholar, Center of Inquiry, Wabash College
- 2005-2013 Assistant Adjunct Professor, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco
- 2004-2009 Research Scholar, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- 2002-2004 Associate Specialist, University of California, San Francisco, Institute for Health Policy Studies
- 1999-2000 J Elliott Royer Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, University of California, San Francisco, Department of Anthropology, History, and Social Medicine
- 1997-1999 Adjunct Assistant Professor University of California, San Francisco, Department of the History of the Health Sciences
- 1995 Queen’s University International Study Centre, Britain, Adjunct Instructor, British History
- 1994 PhD Yale University
- 1988 MA Duke University
- 1983 BA Brown University
Solbrekke, Tone Dyrdal; Sugrue, Ciaran & Sutphen, Molly (2020). Leading in a web of commitments:Negotiating legitimate compromises, In Tone Dyrdal Solbrekke & Ciaran Sugrue (ed.),
Leading Higher Education As and For Public Good Rekindling Education as Praxis,.
Sugrue, Ciaran; Solbrekke, Tone Dyrdal; Bergh, Andreas; Sutphen, Molly & Fossland, Trine (2019). University leaders' talk about institutional missions and academic developers' contributions. European Educational Research Journal.
18(6), s 743- 759 . doi:
Sutphen, Mary; Solbrekke, Tone Dyrdal & Sugrue, Ciaran (2018). Toward articulating an academic praxis by interrogating university strategic plans. Studies in Higher Education.
s 1- 13 . doi:
Sutphen, Molly; Solbrekke, Tone Dyrdal & Ewins, Kristin (2021). Formation of academics in higher education: Reflection for discerning praxes.
Solbrekke, Tone Dyrdal; Sugrue, Ciaran & Sutphen, Molly (2020). Leading in a Web of Commitments Negotiating Legitimate Compromises.
Sutphen, Mary (2018). Formation of Academic Developers: How do Leaders Respond to Strategic Plans?.
Published June 14, 2018 2:23 PM
- Last modified Nov. 28, 2018 11:22 AM