- Higher education policy reforms
- Comparative studies of higher education
- Internationalisation and standardisation in higher education
- Learning Outcomes
- The use of indicators and performance measures in HE
- Research Assistant to the project Higher Education Learning Outcomes (HELO), a collaboration between NIFU, PFI, HiOA and the University of Bergen, funded by the Norwegian Research Council.
- Member of the researcher network Nordic Fields of Higher Education, funded by NordForsk and led by Uppsala University.
- Member of the organising committee of the Early Career Higher Education Research Network (ECHER).
Higher education and employment history
- 2010- 2013. Researcher at NIFU (The Nordic Institute for Studies in Innovation, Research and Education), Oslo
- 2008- 2010, Master in Comparative and International Education, Institute for Educational Research, the University of Oslo
- 2004- 2008, Senior Researcher, Ipsos MORI Social Research Institute, London
- 2000- 2004, Politics M.A. Hons, the University of Edinburgh, Scotland
Bleiklie, Ivar; Frølich, Nicoline; Sweetman, Rachel & Henkel, Mary (2017). Academic institutions, ambiguity and learning outcomes as management tools. European Journal of Education.
52(1), s 68- 79 . doi:
Sweetman, Rachel (2017). HELOs and student centred learning ? where's the link?. European Journal of Education.
52(1), s 44- 55 . doi:
Michelsen, Svein; Sweetman, Rachel; Stensaker, Bjørn & Bleiklie, Ivar (2016). Shaping perceptions of a policy instrument: The political-administrative formation of learning outcomes in higher education in Norway and England. Higher Education Policy.
29(3), s 399- 417 . doi:
Stensaker, Bjørn & Sweetman, Rachel (2014). Impact of assessment initiatives on quality assurance, In Hamish Coates (ed.),
Higher Education Learning Outcomes Assessment.
Peter Lang Publishing Group.
Part 3, Chapter 3.
Sweetman, Rachel; Hovdhaugen, Elisabeth & Karlsen, Hilde (2014). Learning outcomes across disciplinary divides and contrasting national higher education traditions. Tertiary Education and Management.
20(3), s 179- 192 . doi:
View all works in Cristin
Bleiklie, Ivar; Frølich, Nicoline & Sweetman, Rachel (2016). Academic institutions, ambiguity and learning outcomes as management tools.
Sweetman, Rachel & Ashwin, Paul (2016). What would socially-just international measures of the quality of teaching in higher education look like?.
Sweetman, Rachel (2015). Learning Outcomes in universities: how are they interpreted and practiced in Norway and England?.
Sweetman, Rachel & Ashwin, Paul (2015). Exploring the limits of learning outcomes: the case of international comparisons.
Bleiklie, Ivar; Michelsen, Svein; Sweetman, Rachel & Stensaker, Bjørn (2014). The Landing of a Policy Instrument.
Sweetman, Rachel (2014). The interpretation and impact of learning outcome approaches within degree programmes: national and disciplinary settings translating a key European concept.
Hovdhaugen, Elisabeth; Opheim, Vibeke; Sjaastad, Jørgen & Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2013). AHELO mulighetsstudie: Oppsummering av erfaringene med å gjennomføre OECDs AHELO mulighetsstudie i Norge. NIFU-rapport. 11.
Klitkou, Antje; Coenen, Lars & Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2012). Finding Nordic transition pathways: joined-up thinking on sustainable energy and transport. Public Service Review: European Union.
(23), s 408- 408
Vabø, Agnete; Ramberg, Inge & Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2012). Independent project support by Riksbankens Jubileumsfond. NIFU-rapport. 27.
Vabø, Agnete & Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2012). Overcoming The American bubble? The Norwegian Partnership programme (PPNA) for Collaboration in Higher Education with North America. IIE networker, Institute of International Education networker magazine.
Spring, s 48- 49
Sweetman, Rachel Louise; Vabø, Agnete & Martin J., Finkelstein (2011). Review of the Partnership Programme in Higher Education with North America. NIFU-rapport. 43.
Vabø, Agnete & Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2011). Praksisorienterte studietilbud: Eksempler fra ingeniørutdanning, markedsføringsfag, humanistiske og samfunnsvitenskapelige fag. NIFU-rapport. 3.
Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2010). Englands nye universitetsreformer. Forskningspolitikk.
Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2010). The value of a degree in comparative context: Student perceptions, rates of return and policy trends in Norway and England.
Sweetman, Rachel Louise & Thune, Taran (2010). An integrative perspective on the value of a bachelors degree: comparisons of students' views, financial returns and policy frames in Norway and England.
Sweetman, Rachel Louise; Johnson, Fiona & Skowron, Louise (2009). Raising Young People’s Higher Education Aspirations: Teachers’ Attitudes.
Sweetman, Rachel Louise (2006). Large scale qualitative analysis: case studies of projects using XSight analysis software.
View all works in Cristin
Published May 24, 2013 2:03 PM
- Last modified Sep. 23, 2016 3:02 PM