Stipendiat - Department of Education
Phone +47 22845318
Available hours Appointments
Visiting address Forskningsparken Gaustadalléen 21 0349 Oslo
Postal address Postboks 1092 Blindern 0317 Oslo
- Learning Analytics
- Educational Technologies
- Mobile learning
- Higher education
- Computer supported collaborative learning
- April 2018 to date: PhD candidate, Faculty of Educational Sciences, Department of Education, University of Oslo (Norway)
- Jan 2015 to Dec 2016: Master of Education, University of Adelaide (Australia)
- August 2010 to June 2012: Master of Development Management, University of Agder (Norway)
- August 2006 to August 2009: Bachelor of Adult and Community Education, Makerere University (Uganda)
- August 2017 to March 2018: Student support officer: Faculty of Education, University of Auckland New Zealand.
- December 2015 to December 2016: Research Assistant/International student support officer (casual), University of Adelaide, Australia.
- May 2014 to December 2014: Research Coordinator, Link-Up Project, Makerere University, Child Health and Development Center, Uganda.
- February 2014 to December 2014: Assistant Lecturer, Kyambogo University, Uganda
- August 2012 to May 2013: Researcher (PREPARE Project): Makerere University, Child Health and Development Center, Uganda.
Teaching/ Courses Taught
- HEM4113: Research Methods II
- HEM4112: Research Methods and Statistics I
- HEM4250: Thesis Proposal
- EDU4100: Introduction to Comparative and International Education
- EDU4201: Core Focus Areas in Comparative and International Education
- PED4550: Pedagogical innovations and communication
- HEM4210: History and Primary Processes of Higher Education
- Kaliisa, R., Palmer, E., & Miller, J. (2017). Mobile learning in higher education: A comparative analysis of developed and developing country contexts. British Journal of Educational Technology. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjet.12583
- Kaliisa, R., & Picard, M. (2017). A Systematic Review on Mobile Learning in Higher Education: The African Perspective. Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology-TOJET, 16(1), 1-18.
- Kaliisa, R. (2012). Water as a development constraint: the case of Lwebitakuli subcounty, Sembabule district, Uganda (Master's thesis, Universitetet i Agder; University of Agder).
Kaliisa, Rogers; Misiejuk, Kamila; Arastoopour Irgens, Golnaz & Misfeldt, Morten (2021). Scoping the Emerging Field of Quantitative Ethnography: Opportunities, Challenges and Future Directions. In Ruis, Andrew R & Seung, Lee. B (Ed.), Advances in Quantitative Ethnography. Springer Nature. ISSN 978-3-030-67788-6. p. 3–17. doi: %20https%3A/doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-67788-6_1. Full text in Research Archive
Misiejuk, Kamila; Scianna, Jennifer; Kaliisa, Rogers; Vachuska, Karl & Shaffer, David Williamson (2021). Incorporating Sentiment Analysis with Epistemic Network Analysis to Enhance Discourse Analysis of Twitter Data. In Ruis, Andrew R & Seung, Lee. B (Ed.), Advances in Quantitative Ethnography. Springer Nature. ISSN 978-3-030-67788-6. p. 375–389. doi: %20https%3A/doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-67788-6_26.
Damsa, Crina-Ioana; Muukkonen, Hanni; van Leeuwen, Anouschka; Gašević, Dragan; Janssen, Jeroen & Esterhazy, Rachelle [Show all 10 contributors for this article] (2021). Analyzing and Conceptualizing Collaborative Learning with Digital Knowledge Objects . Proceedings of the annual meeting of the ISSS. ISSN 1999-6918. p. 41–44.
Kaliisa, Rogers; Kluge, Anders & Mørch, Anders Irving (2021). Overcoming Challenges to the Adoption of Learning Analytics at the Practitioner Level: A Critical Analysis of 18 Learning Analytics Frameworks. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. ISSN 0031-3831. doi: 10.1080/00313831.2020.1869082?needAccess=true. Full text in Research Archive
Kaliisa, Rogers; Mørch, Anders Irving & Kluge, Anders (2021). ‘My Point of Departure for Analytics is Extreme Skepticism’: Implications Derived from An Investigation of University Teachers’ Learning Analytics Perspectives and Design Practices. Technology, Knowledge and Learning. ISSN 2211-1662. doi: 10.1007/s10758-020-09488-w. Full text in Research Archive
Kaliisa, Rogers; Kluge, Anders & Mørch, Anders Irving (2020). Combining Checkpoint and Process Learning Analytics to Support Learning Design Decisions in Blended Learning Environments. Journal of Learning Analytics. ISSN 1929-7750. 7(3), p. 33–47. doi: 10.18608/JLA.2020.73.4. Full text in Research Archive
Oyelere, Solomon Sunday; Bouali, Nacir; Kaliisa, Rogers; Obaido, George; Yunusa, Abdullahi Abubaker & Jimoh, Ebunayo R. (2020). Exploring the trends of educational virtual reality games: a systematic review of empirical studies. Smart Learning Environments. ISSN 2196-7091. 7, p. 1–22. doi: 10.1186/s40561-020-00142-7. Full text in Research Archive
Kaliisa, Rogers; Mørch, Anders Irving & Kluge, Anders (2019). Exploring Social Learning Analytics to Support Teaching and Learning Decisions in Online Learning Environments. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). ISSN 0302-9743. 11722 LNCS, p. 187–198. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-29736-7_14. Full text in Research Archive
Mørch, Anders Irving; Andersen, Renate; Kaliisa, Rogers & Litherland, Kristina (2020). Mixed methods with social network analysis for networked learning: Lessons learned from three case studies.
Mørch, Anders Irving; Andersen, Renate; Kaliisa, Rogers & Kristina, Litherland (2020). Mixed methods with social network analysis for networked learning: Lessons learned from three case studies.
Morten, Misfeldt; Spikol, Daniel; Kaliisa, Rogers; Jesper, Bruun; Saqr, Mohammed & Andrew, Ruis [Show all 7 contributors for this article] (2020). Quantitative ethnography as a framework for network analysis – a discussion of the foundations for network approaches to leaning analysis .
Kaliisa, Rogers (2019). LEVERAGING SOCIAL LEARNING ANALYTICS TO SUPPORT AND EVALUATE LEARNING DESIGN AND ADAPTIVE LEARNING.
Kaliisa, Rogers; Kluge, Anders & Mørch, Anders Irving (2018). How Learning Analytics supports Teachers to make good design choices and provide timely personalized feedback to students .
Published Apr. 26, 2018 11:35 AM - Last modified Nov. 2, 2018 1:58 PM