- Language minority children in preschool and school
- Bilingual development
- Language and text comprehension
- Preschool teachers’ epistemic beliefs
- Teaching for text comprehension: Supporting young second-language learners’ text comprehension in urban multiethnic preschools in Norway (PreComp)
- NATED: The National Graduate School in Educational Research: Track 1: Language development, text comprehension and literacy.
Higher education and employment history
- 2013- PhD Candidate, Department of Education, University of Oslo
- 2011-2013: Preschool teacher, Gransbakken barnehage, Alna municipality, Oslo
- 2009-2011: Master of Philosophy in Comparative and International Education, Institute for Educational Research, University of Oslo
- 2009-2010: Bilingual teacher, Velkomstgruppa, Rom skole, Askim
- 2009: Multicultural Identity in the Global World, undergraduate course, early childhood education, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences
- 2008: Our Shared European Culture, undergraduate course, primary and secondary teacher education, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences
- 2001-2006: Bachelor in Pedagogics and Methods of Secondary Education, English and World Literature, Practical Psychology in Educational Institutions, Gorlivka State Pedagogical Institute for Foreign Languages, Ukraine
- Rydland, Veslemøy & Kucherenko, Svitlana (2013). “Commuting”: How Linguistic Diversity Is Made Relevant in Young Bilingual Girls’ Identity Negotiations, In Elisabeth Bjørnestad & Janicke Heldal Stray (ed.), New Voices in Norwegian Educational Research. Sense Publishers. ISBN 978-94-6209-462-8. 10.
- Kucherenko, Svitlana; Rydland, Veslemøy & Grøver, Vibeke (2019). Book sharing with young dual language learners in preschool.
- Grøver, Vibeke; Rydland, Veslemøy; Kucherenko, Svitlana & Sandøy, Mari Hustad (2016). Enhancing vocabulary development in young bilingual learners through text talk in school and at home..