QUINT Conference 2019: University of Oslo
The first QUINT conference 'Analysing Teaching Quality: Perspectives, Potential, and Pitfalls' brings together world leading scholars with a keen interest in discussing the many aspect of measuring teaching quality.
'Analysing Teaching Quality: Perspectives, Potential, and Pitfalls'
It is highly accepted that teaching quality matters and that teachers’ instructional repertoires in classrooms are key requisites for students’ learning. However, measuring instructional quality has proven to be difficult and scholars around the world strive to agree about the ‘what’, ‘how’ and ‘why’ when trying to measure teaching quality. The present conference addresses these issues by bringing together world leading scholars with a keen interest in discussing the many aspect of measuring teaching quality such as:
- Available instruments and approaches when measuring teaching quality
- The theoretical and conceptual grounding and view of teaching and learning behind the different frameworks and instruments
- For what purpose and for whose benefits?
- Measuring subject specific aspects versus generic aspects of teaching (holistic versus targeted approaches)
- The empirical validation of the different instruments and framework
- The role of training and certification, including scoring procedures etc.
Professor Eckhard Klieme, DIPF | Leibniz Institute for Research and Information in Education
Courtney Bell, Educational !Testing Service | ETS · Understanding and Enhancing Teaching Group
Professor Nikolaj Elf, University of Southern Denmark /QUINT
Guidelines for Conference Submissions
Deadline for submission: by Monday 1 April 2019
Special Session Proposals and Symposiums
Proposals are to be emailed to Maria Dikova by 1 April 2019
Timeline and Key Dates
Please note the following key dates:
- 5 February Call for papers opens
- By 1 April Call for abstracts - submission ends
- 10 April PhD Funding application deadline
- 10 April Paper acceptance confirmed
- 15 April PhD Funding confirmed
- tba Detailed Programme
- 30 April Registration deadline
Financed by NordForsk, programme "Education for Tomorrow"
Project number 87663