On this website we have gathered the information you need to know with regards to the Master's Thesis. The information is intended for students of the master's programme in Special Needs Education.
What should I write my thesis on?
- Would you like to write your thesis in collaboration with one of the department’s research projects?
Would you like to write your thesis in collaboration with a company or organisation? Find a project through UiO's Science Shop
Tips and help with writing
- The Academic writing centre offers writing assistance to students at any stage of the writing process. Find more information about the writing center and book a consultation here.
- On the website Search & Write you can find useful tips for thesis writing related to the writing process, language, style and structure.
The SNE4390 Master's Thesis is based on the research proposal compiled during the compulsory master’s thesis seminar.
You may choose to do the data-collection abroad, i.e. in your home country.
Two students can choose to write their thesis together, i.e. co-author a master thesis.
Loans of Technical Research Equipment and Assessment Tools
- The Department's LAB, Oslo Assessment, Intervention and Learning Lab (O-AILL) has a large selection of tests, assessment tools and observation materials covering many areas.
- The Faculty's IT services offers to lend a limited number of dictaphones to students, on a first come, first served basis.
The Department of Special Education covers the costs of one printed copy of your Master's Thesis, with the condition that you use UiO's Print Centre.
When you order, use the location code 180300.
Select the standard for master’s thesis: two-sided print, black and white, white front page, black back page and black spine.
The department does not cover pages that contain colors. If your thesis includes pages that contain colors, you will have to cover the costs yourself. In such case, you will only be able to pay for this with a debit or credit card upon retrieval of your thesis from the copying and printing department.
When you have completed a study programme, your diploma is issued automatically. The diploma will be sent to the adress registered in Studentweb. Make sure the adress you have registered is correct.
If you want to improve the results that constitute part of a degree, you can defer your diploma for up to two semesters.
If you have questions regarding your diploma contact the Student information center at the faculty
As a student at the Faculty of Educational Sciences you have access to the reading rooms and group rooms at Helga Engs hus. Master's students may apply for a permanent desk.
Do you need someone to talk to about your studies?
- The Department administration has drop-in hours on Wednesdays from 12:15am -2:00pm
- You may also book an appointment with a student adviser through UV Student Information Centre