Professor Klette is Centre Director at Nordic Centre of Excellence Quality in Nordic Teaching (QUINT), launched in autumn 2018.
- 1994: Associated professor at Lillehammer University College, Faculty of Social Sciences and Education
- 1998: Associated professor at University of Oslo, Faculty of Education
- 2002: Professor at University of Oslo, Faculty of Education
- 2007-2008: Visiting Fulbright Scholar Stanford University, CA, USA
Selected National /International Research Responsibilities
- 2003-2007: Deputy Director for the National Research Program of Education (KUL) within the Norwegian Research Council.
- 2004-2007: Project director and manager for the Norwegian part of the international comparative video study”The Learners Perspective Study” (LPS).
- 2004-2007: Project director (together with Professor S. Lie) for the cross disciplinary video study PISA +.
- 2006-2010: Research Director of the cross disciplinary research group CAMP: ”Classroom Analyses from Multiple Perspectives” within the Faculty of Education, University of Oslo.
- 2007- 2008 Visiting Fulbright professor at Stanford University, School of Education
- 2008-2010: Co-directing the EU funded project Mind the Gap (with prof. Doris Jorde)
- 2009-2011: Leader of the cross disciplinary initiative "Knowledge in Schools" at the University of Oslo
- 2007- Leader of the faculty research group CAMP (Classroom Analyses from Multiple Perspectives)
- 2009-2014: Director for the National Research Program of Education (UTDANNING 2020 [Education Towards 2020]) within the Norwegian Research Council.
Invited international presentations/key note contributions
- Klette K. (2002). Invited contributor on an international symposium on “Social Geographies of Educational Change” Spain: Barcelona, March 20002.
- Klette K. (2004). Classroom Business as Usual? What do researchers and policy makers learn from classroom studies? Invited key note contribution at the 28th international PME conference (International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education). Norway, Bergen July 2004.
- Klette K. (2005). Nordic representative on the international seminar “Colloque Construction - Déconstruction Collège Unique - Challenges to Comprehensive Schools”. France: Paris, October 2005.
- Klette K. (2005). Invited international panel contributor at the Finnish research program “Life as Learning” – closing comments. Finland: Helsinki, December 2005.
- Klette K. (2006). Invited contributor at the EERA opening symposium in Geneva: Teaching, Learning and Didactics: Sharing Perspectives. (EERA: European Education Research Association). Switzerland: Geneva, September 2006.
- Klette K. (2009) Invited key note speaker at the Jubilee Conference at Oslo Centre of Studies of the Professions (December);
- Klette K. (2010) Invited key note speaker at the Nordic Conference on Teacher Education, Aarhus (Denmark) (May 2009)
- Klette K. (2010) Key note contributor on the Iinternational conference on Video Studies in Kiel: The Power of Video Studies (November 2010).