English written doctoral dissertations from the Department of Education since 2000
The Department of Education has produced several English written PhD dissertations since 2000.
** = Dissertations from the now merged InterMedia centre.
Master Caro Seland Kirsebom
- Will you be upset with me? Normativity, framing and complex educational address.
Master Eli Tronsmo
- Local curriculum development as knowledge work: A study of collaborative epistemic practices in the teaching profession.
Master Sverre Tveit
- Policy Legitimation of Educational Assessment Reforms. The Cases of Norway and Sweden.
Master Rachel Sweetman
- Exploring the enactment of learning outcomes in higher education: Contested interpretations and practices through policy nets, knots, and tangles.
Master Jørgen Smedsrud
- Mathematically gifted adolescents in Norway: Exploring mathematically gifted adolescents' experience with the school system in Norway.
Master Rachelle Esterhazy
- Productive feedback practices in higher education. Investigating social and epistemic relations in two undergraduate courses.
Master Anna Therese Steen-Utheim
- Students’ sense making of feedback. Dialogue, interaction and emotions.
Master Renate Andersen
- Mutual Development in Online Collaborative Processes. Three Case Studies of Artifact Co-creation at Different Levels of Participation.
Master Marianne Takvam Kindt
- Beyond heritage and acculturation. Accounts of upbringing, choices, and plans from children of immigrants in prestigious higher education in Norway.
Master Suitbert Emil Lyakurwa
- Universal design for learning towards achieving inclusive higher education in Tanzania.
Cand.polit. Thomas Eri
- Teacher and librarian partnerships in literacy education: Contradictions, Barriers and Opportunities.
Master Fesseha Abadi Weldemichael
- Integrated Functional Adult Literacy Education for Empowerment and Sustainable Development in Ethiopia. A Comparative Study of Tigray and Amhara Regions.
Master Kristin Rogde
- Improving children's linguistic comprehension skills. A systematic review and a randomized controlled trial.
Master Christine Ijino Oyenak
- Decentralisation and Multiculturalism in the Sudan / South Sudan. An Analysis of the Policy and Practice of Multicultural Education in Selected Public Primary Schools in South Sudan.
Master Irina Engeness
- Learning and Teaching with Digital Tools: Insights for Learning Arising from the Cultural-Historical Theory.
Master Caroline Cruaud
- The Playful Frame. Design and use of a gamified application for foreign language learning.
Master Jarmila Bubikova-Moan
- Discursive portraits of language, literacy and learning: emerging bilinguals in Norway.
Master Solveig Roth
- Educational trajectories in Cultural worlds: An ethnographic study of multiethnic girls across different levels of schooling.
Mag.art. Vidar Grøtta
- The transformation of humanities education. The case of Norway 1960-2000 in a systems-theoretical perspective.
PhD Per Hetland
- Rethinking the Social Contract between Science and Society: Steps to an Ecology of Science Communication.
Cand.polit. Jan Erik Dahl
- Digital annotation: An empirical and conceptual study of an emerging medium for communication and learning.
Master Jane Barongo Bakahwemama
- Change of Language of Instruction for Science and Mathematics in Grade Five in Zanzibar: What was the Reasoning Behind the Policy Change?
Cand.ed. Helene Fulland
- Language minority children’s perspectives on being bilingual - On ‘bilanguagers’ and their sensitivity towards complexity.
Cand.ed. Ester Fremstad
- Taking responsibility toward the public: University academics' imaginaries and experiences.
Master Mari Elken
- Standardizing education? The development of the European Qualifications Framework and national qualifications frameworks.
Master Jens Jungblut
- Party Politics in Higher Education Policy - Partisan Preferences, Coalition Positions and Higher Education Policy in Western Europe.
Master Robin Ulriksen
- The achievement and attainment gap: Influences from home and School.
Master Anders Johan Nordahl-Hansen
- Assessment of Language and Social communication in Children With Autism: Measurement Issues.
Master Magnus Hontvedt
- Simulations in Maritime Training. A video study of the socio-technical organisation of ship simulator training.
Master Robsan Margo Egne
- Ethiopia in Transition: A Multicultural Education Perspective on Teacher Education Policies, Curricula, and Practices.
Master Hege Yvonne Hermansen
- Knowledge work in the teaching profession: Opening up the black box of teachers' engagement with Assessment for Learning.
Master Christina Elde Mølstad
- State-Based Curriculum-Making - A Study of Curriculum in Norway and Finland.
Master Alfredo Jornet Gil
- The Bodily and Contextual Foundations of Conceptual Coherence and Continuity. Case studies from the teaching and learning of science inquiry.
Master Rose Ephraim Matete
- Decentralisation in Tanzanian Education and Teacher Accountability. The Case of Primary School Management in Kinondoni Municipality and Mbeya City.
Master Rolf Steier
- Embodied Meaning Making and the Museum: Bodies, artifacts, and spaces in sociocultural approaches to museum learning and design.
Master Elin Borg
- Beyond a dual understanding of gender differences in school achievement: A study of the gender gap among youth in Oslo secondary schools.
Master Martina Vukasovic
- How does Europe matter for higher education change? A study about changes of policy and organization in higher education.
Cand.polit. Jan Arild Dolonen
- Collaborative design and use of digital learning resources. Analysing the processes and products of collaborative design and computer-supported collaborative learning scenarios in education.
MSc Crina Damsa
- Knowledge Co-construction and Object-oriented Collaboration. A Study of Learning through Collaborative Construction of Knowledge Objects in Higher Education.
Cand.scient. Anders McDonald Sookermany
- On Developing (Post)modern Soldiers - An Inquiry into the Ontological and Epistemological Foundation of Skill-Acquisition in an Age of Military Transformation.
MSc & MA Dorothy Sutherland Olsen
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration in Science-based Technologies: Studies of knowledge creation in nanoscience and nanotechnologies.
Cand.ed. Monika Kvernenes
- Bedside Teaching among Novice Medical Teachers. Mapping conceptions of bedside teaching and exploring change within the context of a teaching community.
Master in Education Zehlia Babaci-Wilhite
- Local Languages in Schooling as a Right in Education. A Case Study of Curriculum in Zanzibar.
Master in Education Leila Ferguson
- Making sense of multiple texts: An investigation into epistemic beliefs and multiple-text comprehension when students read about controversial science topics.
Master in Education Kenneth Silseth
- Constructing learning dialogically; Learners, contexts and resources. Exploring how students and teachers participate in game-based learning and digital storytelling in educational settings.
Master in Education Ratib Lekahl
- The Realationship Between Children`s Attendance in Norwegian Childcare Centers and Language Behavioral Development During Early Childhood.
Hovedfagskandidat Monica Johannesen
The Sociomateriality of Teaching. Virtual Learning Environments in Teaching Practice.
Cand.polit Hilde Wågås Afdal
- Constructing Knowledge for the Teaching Profession. A Comparative Analysis of Policy Making, Curricula Content and Novice Teachers` Knowledge Relations in the Cases of Finland and Norway.
M.A Marie Louise Mifsud
- Learning with Mobile Technologies. Perspectives on Mediated Actions in the Classroom.
M.phil Heidi Biseth
- Educators as Custodians of Democracy. A Comparative Investigation of Democracy in Multicultural School Environments in the Scandinavian Capitals.
M.phil Blackson Kanukisya
- Globalization Impacts on Adult Education - A Comparative Study of Adult Education Policies and Practices in Tanzania and Uganda.
M.phil Romulo Pinheiro
- In the Region, for the Region? A Comparative Study of the Institutionalisation of The Regional Mission of Universities.
M.phil Moshi Mussa Kimizi
- Language and Self-Confidence: Examining the Relationship between Language of Instruction and Students' Self-Confidence in Tanzanian Secondary Education.
Cand.ed. Kristin Børte
- Software Effort Estimation as Collaborative Planning Activity.
M.Phil. Greta Bjørk Gudmundsdottir
- From Digital Divide to Digital Opportunities? A Critical Perspective on The Digital Divide in South African Schools.
Cand.polit. Thomas de Lange **
- Technology and Pedagogy: Analysing Digital practices in Media Education.
Cand.polit. Pål Fugelli
- Intersubjectivity and Objects of Knowledge: Making Sense Across Sites in Software Development
Cand.polit. Cecilie Flo Jahreie **
- Learning to Teach. An Activity-theoretical Study of Student Teachers’ Participation Trajectories Across Boundaries.
Cand.polit. Øystein Gilje
- Mode, Mediation and Moving Images. An Inquiry of Digital Editing Practices in Media Education.
Cand.paed. Anniken Furberg **
- Scientific Inquiry in Web-based Learning Environments. Exploring technological, Epistemic and Institutional Aspects of Students' Meaning Making.
M.Phil. Sheri Lee Bastien
- HIV Prevention Among Young People in- and out- of- school in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania.
Cand.philol. Karianne Skovholt
- E-mail Literacy in the Workplace. A Study of Interaction Norms, Leadership Communication, and Social Networks in a Norwegian Distributed Work Group.
Cand. philol. Håvard Skaar
- Digital Media Literacy: Children in and out of School.
M.phil Teklu Abate Bekele
- Learning Impacts of Technologies in Higher Education. Methodological and Theoretical Issues in and for Research.
Cand.paed. Kirsten Sivesind
- Reformulating Reform. Curriculum History Revisited.
Cand.polit. Ivar Solheim
- Learning by Bootstrapping: A Study of Constructivist Multimediated Learning.
Cand.polit. Tone Dyrdal Solbrekke
- Understanding Conceptions of Professional Responsibility.
M.Phil. Mwajuma Siama Vuzo
- Revisiting the Language Policy in Tanzania: A Comparative Study of Geography Classes Taught in Kiswahili and English.
M.Phil. Halima Mohammed Mwinsheikhe
- Overcoming the Language Barrier. An in-depth Study of Tanzanian Secondary School Science Teachers' and Students' Strategies in Coping with the English-Kiswahili Dilemma in the Teaching/ Learning Process .
Cand.paed. Veslemøy Rydland
- Expressing Own Voice in Peer Interaction. A Longitudinal Study of Second-language Learners in Preschool and First Grade.
M.Phil. Lakshman Kumar Punchi Wedikkarage
- English as Medium of Instruction for Collegiate Level Science Classes in Sri Lanka: Theory, Policy and Practice.
M.Phil. Liu Fengshu
- Modernization as Lived Experiences. Identity Construction of Young Adult Only- children in Present- day China
M.Phil. Rosah Moonga Malambo
- Understanding School Health and HIV/AIDS Education in Zambian Culture
Cand.paed. Arne Lervåg
- Prediction of Development in Beginning Reading and Spelling: A Norwegian Latent Variable Study.
M.Phil. Halla Holmarsdottir
- From Policy to Practice. A study of Implementation of the Language- in- Education Policy (LiEP) in Three South African Primary Schools.
Cand.paed. Hans Christian Arnseth
- Discourse and Artefacts in Learning to Argue. Analysing the Practical Management of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning.
Cand.polit. Elaine Munthe
- Teachers' Professional Certainty. A Survey Study of Norwegian Teachers' Perceptions of Profession Certainty in Relation to Demographic, Workplace, and Classroom Variables.