Professional interests are in the areas of educational administration and leadership, school development, workplace learning in schools, and supervision. Has also been engaged in research projects within the fields of governance, ICT in education, and teacher education.
Engaged in a project designed to disentangle the complexity of legal standards and school leaders’ professional judgment. The legal standards in focus are students’ right to special needs education, adaptive education, and a good psychosocial environment conducive to learning. The project group is cross-disciplinary and involves scholars from the Faculty of Educational Sciences and the Faculty of Law at the University of Oslo.
Engaged in a research based evaluation of a government initiative to offer supervision to municipalities in order to enhance school development and accountability. The project’s aim is to study how the initiative works, and how/if it contributes to school development in the participating municipalities.
Engaged in the development and provision of an international module within the Master Programme in Educational leadership.
- 2006: PhD, University of Oslo
- 1989: Advanced degree in Education / Master degree in education, Univerity of Oslo
- 1975: Bachelor degree in Social Science, Trondheim
- 1973: Degree from Teacher Education College, Oslo
- 2016 - Professor, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, UiO
- 2013 -: Elected Vice Dean for Studies, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
- 2007- 2016: Associate Professor, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, University of Oslo
- 2005 – 2006: Lecturer, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, University of Oslo
- 2001 – 2005: Research fellow at Department of Teacher Education and School Development, University of Oslo.
- 1998 – 2001: Researcher Department of Teacher Education and School Development, University of Oslo.
- 1995 – 1998: Leader of Section for consultancy, Røyken Municipality
- 1989 – 1995: Principal, Røyken Municipality
- 1973 – 1995: Teacher, Røyken, Oslo, Melhus and Bodø Municipalities