My academic interests include professional learning and development as well as opportunities for learning by the use of technology. In my research I have been particularly concerned with simulations in professional training, computer supported collaborative learning and the social organization of learning and knowing.
I am a member of the research group Network for Interaction Analysis (NIA) at University of Southeastern Norway USN), and the research group TEPEE at OsloMet /USN.
- Tracing learning outcomes across policy and practice (LoAPP)
- Læring og undervisning i digitale omgivelser (LUDO)
I teach and supervise on several themes related to pedagogy in teacher education, learning in higher education, learning and technology, simulator training, interaction analysis and video-observation.
At UiO, I am part of LINK and the course Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- 2009- 2014: Ph.d in Education, University of Oslo Thesis: “Simulations in Maritime Training — A video study of the socio-technical organization of ship simulator training”
- 2000-2006: Master of Education, University of Oslo
- 2019- Associate Professor II, Department of Education, University of Oslo
- 2015- Associate Professor, Department of Education, University of Southeastern Norway
- 2009-2014: Ph.D. candidate, University of Oslo / Buskerud and Vestfold University College
- 2005-2009: Adviser, Network for IT-research and competence in Education (ITU), University of Oslo
- Hontvedt, Magnus; Silseth, Kenneth & Wittek, Anne Line (2019). Professional Collaboration in Teacher Support Teams—A Study of Teacher and Nurse Educators’ Creative Problem-Solving in a Shared Space for Professional Development. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. ISSN 0031-3831. . doi: 10.1080/00313831.2019.1665098 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Hontvedt, Magnus & Øvergård, Kjell Ivar (2019). Simulations at work — a framework for configuring simulation fidelity with training objectives. Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW). ISSN 0925-9724. s 1- 29 . doi: 10.1007/s10606-019-09367-8 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Øvergård, Kjell Ivar; Sørensen, Linda Johnstone; Hontvedt, Magnus; Smit, Paul Nikolai & Nazir, Salman (2017). Maritime Bridge Crew Training, In Mark S. Young & MIchael G. Lenné (ed.), Simulators for Transportation Human Factors: Research and Practice. CRC Press. ISBN 9781472411433. Kapittel 12. s 281 - 309
- Hontvedt, Magnus (2015). Professional vision in simulated environments — Examining professional maritime pilots' performance of work tasks in a full-mission ship simulator. Learning, Culture and Social Interaction. ISSN 2210-6561. 7, s 71- 84 . doi: 10.1016/j.lcsi.2015.07.003 Show summary
- Hontvedt, Magnus & Arnseth, Hans Christian (2013). On the bridge to learn: Analysing the social organization of nautical instruction in a ship simulator. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning. ISSN 1556-1607. 8(1), s 89- 112 . doi: 10.1007/s11412-013-9166-3 Show summary
- Hontvedt, Magnus; Sandberg, Magnus & Silseth, Kenneth (2013). På spill for læring: Om dataspill som læringsressurs i skolen, I: Susanne V Knudsen (red.), Pedagogiske tekster og ressurser i praksis. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. ISBN 978-82-02-42696-5. Kapittel 8. s 199 - 221
- Næss, Rakel Rohde; Oddvik, Morten & Hontvedt, Magnus (2019). Video Blogging in Teacher Education How are teacher students employing university-initiated video blogs as social spaces for articulating and enacting academic discourse?.
- Silseth, Kenneth & Hontvedt, Magnus (2019). Studying assessment practices from an interactional perspective.
- Hontvedt, Magnus & Krange, Ingeborg (2018). High Intensity Learning? — A video-study of academic achievement and physical activities in a 4th grade math class.
- Hontvedt, Magnus & Oddvik, Morten (2018). Fagfornying fra politikk til praksis.
- Hontvedt, Magnus; Prøitz, Tine Sophie & Silseth, Kenneth (2018). Tracing Learning Activities Across Policy and Practice.
- Hontvedt, Magnus; Silseth, Kenneth & Prøitz, Tine Sophie (2018). How are learning outcomes enacted and negotiated in process-oriented assessment?.
- Hontvedt, Magnus; Prøitz, Tine Sophie & Silseth, Kenneth (2017). Tracing learning outcomes across policy and practice.
- Wittek, Anne Line; Silseth, Kenneth & Hontvedt, Magnus (2016). Professional Collaboration in teacher Support Teams - a study of creative problem-solving processes among teacher and nurse educators.
- Wittek, Anne Line; Thompson, Ian; Daniels, Harry; Makitalo, Åsa; Hontvedt, Magnus; Silseth, Kenneth; Ortega, Lorena; Parilla, Angeles; Sussinos, Teresa & Gallego, Carmen (2016). Collaboration matters - symposium.
- Hontvedt, Magnus (2015). Simulations in Maritime Training: A video study of the socio-technical organisation of ship simulator training. Doktoravhandlinger forsvart ved Det utdanningsvitenskapelige fakultet, Universitetet i Oslo. 234. Full text in Research Archive.
- Juuhl, Gudrun Kløve; Hontvedt, Magnus & Skjelbred, Dagrun (2010). Læremiddelforsking etter LK06. Eit kunnskapsoversyn. Show summary
- Kløvstad, Vibeke & Hontvedt, Magnus (2008). Nye nettfenomener.
- Storsul, Tanja; Arnseth, Hans Christian; Bucher, Taina; Enli, Gunn; Hontvedt, Magnus; Kløvstad, Vibeke & Maasø, Arnt (2008). New web phenomena. Government administration and the culture of sharing. Full text in Research Archive.
- Storsul, Tanja; Arnseth, Hans Christian; Bucher, Taina; Enli, Gunn; Hontvedt, Magnus; Kløvstad, Vibeke & Maasø, Arnt (2008). Nye nettfenomener. Staten og delekulturen. Full text in Research Archive.