The PhD programme at the Faculty will educate independent researchers of a high international calibre in educational sciences in accordance with universally recognized academic and ethical principles. The education will qualify candidates for research activity and other employment in which the expected standard of scientific insight and analytical thinking is high.
Learning outcomes – knowledge, skills and general competence
- When the programme has been completed, the candidates will be at the forefront of knowledge within their field. The doctors will have an understanding and good command of key philosophy of science and research ethics questions, and will have mastered the research methods of the subject area. They will be able to assess the suitability and application of different methods and processes in research and development projects. The doctors will be able to contribute to the development of new knowledge, new theories, methods and interpretations in the field.
- The doctors will be able to formulate research questions and plan research and development work. They will be able to conduct research and academic development work of a high international calibre. They will be able to work with complex academic questions and challenge the established knowledge and practices in the field. The doctors will be able to also supervise other persons’ research work within their field.
- The doctors will be able to identify relevant ethical issues, and conduct their research in accordance with current ethical guidelines and principles for good research practice.
- The doctors will be able to participate in and contribute to academic collaboration, and to development of their fields of expertise within and outside academia.
- The doctors will be able to disseminate research findings through renowned and relevant channels. They will be able to participate in debates within the field in international forums. The doctors will be able to impart knowledge and research findings to different recipients inside and outside academia.
- The doctors will be able to identify and convey the relevance of the research to the development of knowledge and society.