The Faculty of Educational Sciences is one of Europe's largest research institutions in educational sciences. Join us and work with leading international researchers in exciting research projects. PhD candidate can also stay abroad at universities around the world.
For all PhD candidates
For PhD candidates employed at UiO
If you are employed as a research fellow at the University of Oslo you will find information about topics such as salary, leaves of absence and extensions at the For employees pages
For PhD candidates with external funding
About the PhD programme
- 3 years full-time studies and research
- Funding and admission are required.
- 30 credits coursework and a scientific thesis.
- Concludes with a trial lecture and public defence.
- The Faculty has about 110 PhD candidates, 62 of which are employed as doctoral research fellows.
International applicants are required to have a good command in English for attending the PhD programme. You do not need to master the Norwegian language.