The Faculty of Educational Sciences is one of the largest research environments in educational sciences in Europe. Here you can work with leading international researchers in educational sciences, and participate in exciting research projects. As a PhD candidate, you will be able to spend time at universities around the world.
For all PhD candidates
- Guidelines for Research ethics in the social Sciences, Law and the humanities (NESH)
- Rules and regulations
For PhD candidates employed at UiO
If you are employed as a research fellow at the University of Oslo you will find information about topics such as salary, leaves of absence and extensions at the For employees pages
For PhD candidates with external funding
About the PhD programme
- 3 years full-time studies and research
- Funding and admission are required.
- 30 credits coursework and a scientific thesis.
- Concludes with a trial lecture and public defence.
- The Faculty has about 110 PhD candidates, 62 of which are employed as doctoral research fellows.
International applicants are required to have a good command in English for attending the PhD programme. You do not need to master the Norwegian language.