- Computer-supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)
- Teachers' professional digital competence
- Teaching in computer-rich settings
- The significance of teacher-student interaction for students' learning processes
- Analyses of classroom interaction
- Technology supported inquiry learning in science education
- Socio-cultural theory
- REDE - Representasjon og deltakelse i naturfag (Representations and participation in science education) (2016-2019), funded by the Research Council of Norway. The project Representation and participation in school science (REDE) aims at developing research based teaching methods and resources that strengthen the development of functional literacy skills among teacher training students. It also aims to contribute to high quality in students’ learning processes in School. More information.
- Ark&App (2014-2016), funded by The Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training - The research project ARK&APP investigated the use of educational resources in the planning, conducting and evaluation of teaching in four school subjects; Mathematics, Natural science, English (as a foreign language) and Social science. More information.
- Science Created by You (SCY) (2008-2012) - Funded by the 7th framework program in the European Commission with 12 partners from 7 European countries. The total funding is €6 million. SCY aims to take science education to the next level by developing a flexible, open-ended learning environment that engages and empowers adolescent learners. Within this learning environment -called SCY-Lab- students embark on authentic 'SCY missions' that can be completed through constructive and productive learning activities. More information.
- Scientific Inquiry in Web-based Learning Environments (2004-2009). PhD-project, InterMedia/Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Oslo
- EduAction (2000-2004). Project leader. Funded by ITU and Telenor R&D
- Ny teknologi - nye praksisformer (1999). Funded by ITU
- Teacher Education:
- Master's degree program: PROF3025
- Teacher Education Program (PPU): PPU3210
- Seminars in research methods, Master's degree program:
- Supervision of Phd students within the area teaching and learning in computer-based settings; mentoring of newly qualified teachers.
- PhD education:
- UV9112 - Interaction Analysis: Methodological Perspectives on Learning and Communication
Higher education and employment history
- PhD (2010), University of Oslo. PhD thesis title: Scientific Inquiry in Web-based Learning Environments. Exploring technological, epistemic and Institutional aspects of students' meaning making
- Cand Paed (1998), University of Oslo. Master thesis title: "Det tredje øyet" - En studie om ungdom, identitetsutvikling og refleksivitet i det senmoderne samfunn
- Professor, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, University of Oslo (2019- )
- Associate Professor, Department of Teacher Education and School Research, University of Oslo (2013 - 2019)
- Post doctor, InterMedia/Department of Education, University of Oslo (2010 - 2013)
- Researcher, Telenor R&D (2000 - 2010)
- PhD student, InterMedia, University of Oslo (2004 - 2009)
- Research assistant, Department of Educational Research, University of Oslo (1999)
Visiting scholar, Gratuate School of Education, University California, Berkeley: The WISE-Group led by prof. Marcia Linn. (March-April 2016)
Visiting scholar, Gratuate School of Education, University California, Berkeley: The WISE-Group led by prof. Marcia Linn. (May-August 2014)
Visting fellow, Graduate School of Education, University of Bristol (August 2006-January 2007)
Member of editorial boards
- International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative learning (ijCSCL)
- Research group leader of TEPEC (2017-2018)
- Board member, Department of Teacher education and School Research, UiO
- Member of the Academic Council for Master's degree programme
- Coordinator for Master's degree programme: PROF3025 and Teacher Education Programme (PPU): PPU3210 (2013-2016)
- Member of The Appeals Committee at UiO (2014-2016)
- 2nd prize winner of the Kaleidoscope European Starting Researcher in Technology Enhanced Learning award, 2007 The European Network of Excellence Kaleidoscope.