• Liu. F. S. 2016 "The Rise of the “Priceless” Child in China," Comparative Education Review 60, no. 1 (February 2016): 105-130. DOI: 10.1086/684457
• Liu. F. S. 2013. From degendering to (re)gendering the self: Chinese youth negotiating modern womanhood, Gender and Education,26 (1). DOI: 10.1080/09540253.2013.860432.
• Liu, F. S. 2013. Gender and Ideal Personhood across Three Generations: A comparison of Chinese and Norwegian Young Men and Women. ECER, Sept. 10-15. Istanbul, Turkey.
• Liu. F. S. and K. Vasbø, 2013. I and my family: Narratives from Chinese and Norwegian late teens. ECER, Sept. 10-15. Istanbul, Turkey
• Liu, F. S. (2012). From undoing to doing gender: Chinese urban young women negotiating ‘modern’ identity. Paper presented at The European Conference on Educational Research (ECER). September 18-21, Cádiz, Spain.
• Liu, F. S. (2012). Youth, gender and education from a cultural perspective: A comparison of Chinese and Norwegian higher school students. Paper presented at the 56th Annual Comparative and International Education Society Conference (CIES), San Juan, Puerto Rico. April 22-27.