The Struggle for the Text (completed)
About student teachers meetings and negotiations with various academic writing traditions towards an approved assignment.
About the project
The project is a longitudinal qualitative study of student teachers at four schools, and their experiences of meetings and negotiations with various academic writing traditions towards an approved assignment. Central to the study is how these experiences and negotiations in various academic environment affect students and their development towards becoming a teacher.
The point of departure of this project is the fact that for a long time the written product has constituted the primary artefact in a scientific research context. Another point of departure is that the universities do not consist of uniform language environments with common requirements as regards what characterises a good scientific text and how the relationship between the scientific activities and the writing conceived For this reason the project wants to make a close study of the different language and text worlds that a teacher student encounters during the education and analyse the conciderations and negotiations that may arise because of different disciplinary writing traditions and epistemological requirements on the way towards a passed paper.
The Swedish Vetenskapsråd (2012-2015)
- Professor Per-Olof Erixon, Umeå University (Project leader)
- Docent Inger Erixon Arreman, Umeå University
- Professor Line Wittek, Vestfold University College
- Associate Professor Tone Dyrdal Solbrekke, University of Oslo
- Associate Professor Kristin Helstad, University of Oslo
- Docent Mona Blåsjø, Stockholm University
- Professor Olle Josephson, Stockholm University
- Professor Tomas Englund, Orebro University
- University lecturer Emma Arne Back, Orebro University