Emily C Oswald
- Digital cultural heritage, museums and archives
- Interest-driven learning
- Youth engagement and participation
- Public history
Public history provides a set of intellectual and practical tools for examining and responsibly intervening in the diverse ways people engage with the past. As a Masters student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, I collaborated with the W.E.B. Du Bois National Historic Site, the land conservation organization The Trustees of Reservations, and UMass Amherst Library-Special Collections & University Archives.
My doctoral research explores user perspectives on digital cultural heritage, and the way participatory models are changing knowledge practices in museums and archives. I focus specifically on youth (ages 15-25) in out-of-school contexts.
- 2016-present: PhD fellow, Department of Education, University of Oslo
- 2013: Master of Arts: History, Public History and Museum Studies, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 2006: Bachelor of Arts: English Literature, Loyola University Maryland
- 2013-2014: Digital Archives Assistant, Archives & Research Center, The Trustees of Reservations
- 2012-2014: Staff Assistant, Office of Public Interest Advising, Harvard Law School
- 2011-2012: Graduate Assistant, Public History Program, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- 2008-2010: Grant Writer, Facing History and Ourselves
- 2007-2008: Program Assistant, Project World Wide Style, Università degli Studi di Torino
- Oswald, Emily (2006). Imagining Race: Illustrating the Poems of Paul Laurence Dunbar. Book History. ISSN 1098-7371. 9, s 213- 233
- Endresen, Dag Terje Filip; Oswald, Emily; Svindseth, Christian; Bjørn Petter, Løfall & Hetland, Per (2017). Citizen Science dugnadsportal for Telemark Botanisk Forening. Show summary
- Esborg, Line & Oswald, Emily (2017). New Voices in the Archive. Collaborating with Youth to Collect New Folklore Material.
- Oswald, Emily; Svindseth, Christian; Løfall, Bjørn Petter; Endresen, Dag Terje Filip & Hetland, Per (2017). Citizen science dugnadsportal for Telemark Botanisk Forening.