Book Launch: Evidence and Expertise in Nordic Education Policy
Welcome to a seminar on the findings from the recently published book "Evidence and Expertise in Nordic Education Policy".
Book cover: Palgrave Macmillan
We are pleased to invite you to the upcoming seminar that addresses the main findings of the first part of the project Policy Knowledge and Lesson Drawing in Nordic School Reform in an Era of International Comparison (POLNET).
In the seminar, our team will present the newly published book “Evidence and Expertise in Nordic Education Policy: A Comparative Network Analysis” (Palgrave Macmillan).
We will present a policy brief that synthesizes findings and interpretations of relevance in policymaking processes. We are also looking forward to feedback from invited speakers and plenary discussions on timely relevant issues.
- 15.15–15.25: Welcome & Introduction of the POLNET project and team members, by Kirsten Sivesind (University of Oslo)
- 15.25–15.50: Presentation of the key findings, by Gita Steiner-Khamsi (Teachers College, Columbia University) and Chanwoong Baek (University of Oslo)
- 15.50–16.20: Discussion with members of the Nordic research team, Jaakko Kauko (Tampere University), Berglind Rós Magnúsdóttir (University of Iceland), Ninni Wahlström (Linnaeus University), Christian Ydesen (Aalborg University). Chaired by Berit Karseth (University of Oslo)
- 16.20–16.40: Commentaries by Hege Nilssen (Director at the Norwegian Directorate of Education) and a representative from the Ministry of Education and Research (to be confirmed)
- 16.40–16.55: Open discussion with the audience
- 16.55–17.00: Closing by Kirsten Sivesind (University of Oslo)
- 17.00: Reception