Associate Professor - Department of Special Needs Education
Phone +47 22856636
Mobile phone +47 41780045
Visiting address Sem Sælands vei 7 Helga Engs hus 0371 Oslo
Postal address Postboks 1140 Blindern 0318 Oslo
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Intervention for preschool and school age children with ASD
- Early social communication
- Developmental trajectories
- Intervention research
- PhD., Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (2014)
- Cand. Ed. (Advanced Professional Degree in Special Needs Education), Institute of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo (2004)
- Master of Science in Emotional Disturbance and Autism, University of Texas at Austin (1994)
- Social Educator, Østfold College of Social Science (1990)
- Associate Professor, Institute of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo (2016 –)
- Post doc., National Centre for Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Hypersomnias, Oslo University Hospital (2016 – )
- Researcher, University of Oslo/Oslo University Hospital (2014 – 2015)
- Visiting Fulbright Research Fellow, University of California, Los Angeles (2008 – 2009)
- Research Fellow, Oslo University Hospital, (2006 – 2014)
- Researcher (pilot project), Regional Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Eastern and Southern Norway (2004–2005)
- Autism Consultant, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Stavanger University Hospital (1994 – 1996)
- Leader for After School Program for Children with Disabilities, Sola Municipal (1990 – 1992)
- Various work with children with and without disabilities (– 1990)
Research groups and networks
- Cost Action BM1004: Enhancing the Scientific Study of Early Autism
- NeuroDevelop (link to come)
- Children with autism spectrum disorder: Long-term effect of early intervention and developmental trajectories for early preschool age to middle childhood (ASF: 2-14)
Johannessen, Jarle; Nærland, Terje; Hope, Sigrun; Torske, Tonje; Kaale, Anett & Wirgenes, Katrine V. [Show all 10 contributors for this article] (2021). Attitudes among parents of persons with autism spectrum disorder towards information about genetic risk and future health. European Journal of Human Genetics. ISSN 1018-4813. p. 1–9. doi: 10.1038/s41431-021-00966-y. Full text in Research Archive
Kaale, Anett & Nordahl-Hansen, Anders (2019). Barn og unge med autismespekterforstyrrelse, Spesialpedagogikk. Cappelen Damm Akademisk. ISSN 9788202592059. p. 523–547.
Tillmann, Julian; Ashwood, Karen L.; Absoud, Michael; Bölte, Sven; Bonnet-Brilhault, Frédérique & Buitelaar, Jan K. [Show all 28 contributors for this article] (2018). Evaluating sex and age differences in ADI-R and ADOS scores in a large European multi-site sample of individuals with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. ISSN 0162-3257. 48(7), p. 2490–2505. doi: 10.1007/s10803-018-3510-4. Full text in Research Archive
Kaale, Anett; Smith, Lars; Nordahl-Hansen, Anders; Fagerland, Morten & Kasari, Connie (2017). Early interaction in autism spectrum disorder: Mothers' and children's behaviours during joint engagement. Child: Care, Health and Development. ISSN 0305-1862. 44(2), p. 312–318. doi: 10.1111/cch.12532. Full text in Research Archive
Fletcher-Watson, Sue; Apicella, Fabio; Auyeung, Bonnie; Beranova, Stepanka; Bonnet-Brilhault, Frederique & Canal-Bedia, Ricardo [Show all 33 contributors for this article] (2017). Attitudes of the autism community to early autism research. Autism. ISSN 1362-3613. 21(1), p. 61–74. doi: 10.1177/1362361315626577. Show summary
Nordahl-Hansen, Anders; Fletcher-Watson, Sue; McConachie, Helen & Kaale, Anett (2016). Relations between specific and global outcome measures in a social-communication intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. ISSN 1750-9467. 29-30, p. 19–29. doi: 10.1016/j.rasd.2016.05.005. Full text in Research Archive
Salomone, E; Beranová, S; Bonnet-Brilhault, F; Briciet Lauritsen, M; Budisteanu, M & Buitelaar, Jan [Show all 40 contributors for this article] (2016). Use of early intervention for young children with autism spectrum disorder across Europe. Autism. ISSN 1362-3613. 20(2), p. 233–249. doi: 10.1177/1362361315577218.
Nordahl-Hansen, Anders ; Kaale, Anett & Ulvund, Stein Erik (2014). Language assessment in children with autism spectrum disorder: Concurrent validity between report-based assessments and direct tests. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. ISSN 1750-9467. 8(9), p. 1100–1106. doi: 10.1016/j.rasd.2014.05.017.
Kaale, Anett; Fagerland, Morten; Martinsen, Egil Wilhelm & Smith, Lars (2014). Preschool-based social communication treatment for children with autism: 12-month follow-up of a randomized trial. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. ISSN 0890-8567. 53(2), p. 188–198. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2013.09.019.
Kaale, Anett; Smith, Lars & Sponheim, Eili (2012). A randomized controlled trial of preschool-based joint attention intervention for children with autism. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. ISSN 0021-9630. 53(1), p. 97–105. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-7610.2011.02450.x. Show summary
Kaale, Anett (1995). Ønsker i forhold til foreldreopplæring - en undersøkelse blant foreldre til barn, unge og voksne med autisme. Autisme i dag. ISSN 0803-530X. 22(1), p. 7–25.
Sánchez Pérez, Patricia; Nordahl-Hansen, Anders Johan & Kaale, Anett (2021). The Role of Context in Language Development for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Kaale, Anett (2018). How to change the course of neurodevelopmental disorders with early intervention.
Nordahl-Hansen, Anders; Fletcher-Watson, Sue; McConachie, Helen & Kaale, Anett (2015). Measuring treatment effect in children with ASD using specific and global outcomes through Joint Engagement coding and an early verison of BOSCC.
Nordahl-Hansen, Anders ; Blanc, Romuald; Kaale, Anett; McConachie, Helen & Fletcher-Watson, Sue (2014). A Review of the Brief Observation of Social Communication change (BOSCC).
Nordahl-Hansen, Anders ; Kaale, Anett & Ulvund, Stein Erik (2013). Concurrent validity between parent report and direct assessment of language in young children with autistic disorder.
Nordahl Hansen, Anders & Kaale, Anett (2013). Inter-rater reliability and concurrent validity of language measures for young children with autism.
Nordahl Hansen, Anders ; Kaale, Anett & Ulvund, Stein Erik (2013). Inter-rater reliability for the MacArthur-Bates Communicative Development Inventory: Parent and preschool teacher ratings of children with childhood autism.
Kaale, Anett; Smith, Lars; Sponheim, Eili & Nordahl Hansen, Anders Johan (2011). Joint Engagement and Joint attention during mother-child and preschool teacher-child play: similarities and differences.
Nordahl Hansen, Anders Johan ; Kaale, Anett & Ulvund, Stein Erik (2011). Synchronization of Interplay In Children with Autistic Disorder and Preschool Teachers. Show summary
Kaale, Anett & Nordahl Hansen, Anders Johan (2010). Young Children with Autism: Playfulness and Joint Engagement uring mother-child play.
Gjevik, Elen; Kaale, Anett & Sponheim, Eili (2007). Tre små bøker om autisme. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. ISSN 0029-2001. 127(17).
Kaale, Anett (2003). Kjennetegn på autisme i 0-2-årsalderen : intervju med foreldrene til fem små barn med autisme. Universitetet i Oslo.
Published Aug. 19, 2016 8:42 AM - Last modified Feb. 18, 2019 1:21 PM